Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Amateur Photography  (Read 12175 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Amateur Photography
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 09:02:24 AM »

Okay, my first one is of a Weddell Seal in Antarctica, taken in January:

You win the Internet!!!  Ugh.  Just TOO CUTE!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2017, 09:14:14 AM »
Here are a few of my favorite subjects.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:26 AM »

Here's this morning's daily pupper photo! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Lovely photos, guys :).

Here are a couple I took last weekend at a music festival (the first photo is of a US singer called Amanda Wallace, and the second is of Canadian actress and singer Briana Buckmaster):

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 04:57:47 PM »
Lovely photos, guys :).

Here are a couple I took last weekend at a music festival (the first photo is of a US singer called Amanda Wallace, and the second is of Canadian actress and singer Briana Buckmaster):

Love them! I'm rubbish with portraits but I do like the colours/pose combo in this one for some reason. I took it because we thought it was funny to stand under "no standing". I think it looks like he's about to drop a hip-hop mixtape

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »
You guys are all so talented!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 09:26:11 PM »
I'll have to grab some of my shots off my laptop. Hubby bought me a DSLR for our first anniversary. Nothing fancy but I'm loving it.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 114
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:41 PM »
Ooh!  A thread I can get behind to take my mind off of the ever-looming ILR appointment!

This is probably my favorite picture of the year.  (I think it uploaded?)  Achensee in Austria.  Taken on my phone!  I really need to unload all the pictures from my Canon, have really, really been slacking in that department...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
I'll have to grab some of my shots off my laptop. Hubby bought me a DSLR for our first anniversary. Nothing fancy but I'm loving it.

OHHHHHH I'm so jealous! I keep telling my husband all I want for birthday and christmas combined is a new camera that can actually take proper pictures and not just family party snaps (especially as we're planning to go to Japan next year!). I was recommended a particular type of Sony for travelling because it was a light weight/easy to travel with but gave you loads of control over your photos (and I think it even had different lenses you could buy...I can't remember now).

Ooh!  A thread I can get behind to take my mind off of the ever-looming ILR appointment!

This is probably my favorite picture of the year.  (I think it uploaded?)  Achensee in Austria.  Taken on my phone!  I really need to unload all the pictures from my Canon, have really, really been slacking in that department...

It did upload! :D This looks like proper paradise! :D

Sorry I keep sharing photos (I have SO many but want to space them out as to not monopolise the thread! haha - I have NO idea why I only just thought about this thread now!!), but here's one I am actually quite chuffed about that I took in Venice. To me, it looks like a proper oil painting and reminds me of something my nana used to have hanging on her wall.

My, how time flies....

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 09:57:53 AM »

Sorry I keep sharing photos (I have SO many but want to space them out as to not monopolise the thread! haha - I have NO idea why I only just thought about this thread now!!), but here's one I am actually quite chuffed about that I took in Venice. To me, it looks like a proper oil painting and reminds me of something my nana used to have hanging on her wall.

Gorgeous!  Absolutely love the colors of the buildings against that bright blue sky!

Since Italy seems to be a theme...  Here's a little Amalfi! 

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 10:00:44 AM »

Gorgeous!  Absolutely love the colors of the buildings against that bright blue sky!

Since Italy seems to be a theme...  Here's a little Amalfi! 

OMFG! THat water!!! It's SO blue!! Next time I go to Italy, I want to do the Amalfi coast! I wanted to do it this last time but got veto'd by the rest of the group! haha (but that's fair as it was fun anyways).
My, how time flies....

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 10:17:04 AM »
OMFG! THat water!!! It's SO blue!! Next time I go to Italy, I want to do the Amalfi coast! I wanted to do it this last time but got veto'd by the rest of the group! haha (but that's fair as it was fun anyways).
Amalfi is amazing.  Definitely do it next time you get a chance!  We are looking at probably going again next year with some friends.

That said, Venice is great, too!  Have not been for a long, long time though.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »
Amalfi is amazing.  Definitely do it next time you get a chance!  We are looking at probably going again next year with some friends.

That said, Venice is great, too!  Have not been for a long, long time though.

We were surprised how much we liked Venice as we all heard SOOO many negative things about it (we went with friends who had heard the same as my husband and I) - like how it smelled for starters. It didn't smell at all from our experience! I mean we had two almost full days, and I admit that it was probably enough for us as we covered a lot of ground in those two days and I'd probably only go back if I were rich enough to stay in a place that would Gondola my sh*t over to my hotel for me at no extra charge, but that will probably never happen hahah There are so many other places that I think we did/saw all the unique things Venice had to offer in those two days but I'm glad we didn't listen to all the negative feedback about it and went anyways because it was so much nicer than everybody made it out to be!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 07:56:00 PM »
We were surprised how much we liked Venice as we all heard SOOO many negative things about it (we went with friends who had heard the same as my husband and I) - like how it smelled for starters. It didn't smell at all from our experience! I mean we had two almost full days, and I admit that it was probably enough for us as we covered a lot of ground in those two days and I'd probably only go back if I were rich enough to stay in a place that would Gondola my sh*t over to my hotel for me at no extra charge, but that will probably never happen hahah There are so many other places that I think we did/saw all the unique things Venice had to offer in those two days but I'm glad we didn't listen to all the negative feedback about it and went anyways because it was so much nicer than everybody made it out to be!
Admittedly, I do remember Venice being a bit on the smelly side.  But it definitely wouldn't stop me from going back again, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend going to anybody else.  When did you guys go?  Looks like the weather was decent!

Back on topic, but something completely different - Mozart torte!

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 08:01:21 PM »
Admittedly, I do remember Venice being a bit on the smelly side.  But it definitely wouldn't stop me from going back again, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend going to anybody else.  When did you guys go?  Looks like the weather was decent!

Back on topic, but something completely different - Mozart torte!

Yep the weather was lush! Went in the middle of last month! Love the photo! It looks like a professional stock photo for a cafe!

My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab