Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Husband's Trip Back  (Read 1928 times)

• Liked: 3
Husband's Trip Back
« on: October 14, 2017, 11:31:52 PM »
On Friday, my husband flew back to the UK to start looking for a job in order to sponsor me on a spousal visa. I can't tell you how much heart ache I'm going through right now, but I'm sure a lot of people here can sympathize with me.

Not only this, but I'm going through a rough time at work where I found out I've been getting cut some wages I should have been getting for about 6 months now, and my boss and I aren't seeing eye-to-eye on my pay, which has made me quite aggravated. Since I'm going through this emotional roller coaster, I'd like some outside perspective. I've thought about looking for a job, even though I'd only be there for approximately 8 months to year, but I'm not sure whether or not that'd be wise. Anyone have some insight for me?

Right now I'm binge-watching Netflix and eating all the junk food in my apartment.
Met online: 2000
Met in real life: 2006
Married: 2010
Oct 13, 2017: Husband left for UK

• Liked: 957
Husband's Trip Back
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:01:14 AM »
On Friday, my husband flew back to the UK to start looking for a job in order to sponsor me on a spousal visa. I can't tell you how much heart ache I'm going through right now, but I'm sure a lot of people here can sympathize with me.

Not only this, but I'm going through a rough time at work where I found out I've been getting cut some wages I should have been getting for about 6 months now, and my boss and I aren't seeing eye-to-eye on my pay, which has made me quite aggravated. Since I'm going through this emotional roller coaster, I'd like some outside perspective. I've thought about looking for a job, even though I'd only be there for approximately 8 months to year, but I'm not sure whether or not that'd be wise. Anyone have some insight for me?

Right now I'm binge-watching Netflix and eating all the junk food in my apartment.

I was laid off from my job the week my husband and I got married, so I ended up pretending that I was looking for a permanent role and took a contract to hire job. After a few months I told them I wanted to remain on contract and have just kept extending it as I haven't been physically well enough to downsize and sell my house alone. Depending on your field and if contract jobs are easy to come by (ie - you wouldn't be stepping backwards) it could be worth seeing if anything else is out there. I've honestly wished I could leave the current contract many times, the place I work is very dysfunctional, but then I remember it's only a few more weeks/months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:02:22 AM by margo »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab