Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Mr Texas! What's your opinion on this? (And anyone else of course)  (Read 773 times)

• Liked: 1892

On a magical day in the future, the special prosecutor is going to make public the results of his investigation. 

I'm curious what you and others would consider a red line that merits impeachment?  What would deserve criminal charges and jail time? 

For me:

Impeachment: large scale tax fraud, lying about knowledge of meetings between his campaign and Russians

Criminal Charges :  cooperation with the Russians to sway the election or conspiracy to to so.  If we hear about another meeting than the one with Trump Jr, anyone who knew about it should go to jail. 

• Liked: 957
Re: Mr Texas! What's your opinion on this? (And anyone else of course)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
On a magical day in the future, the special prosecutor is going to make public the results of his investigation. 

I'm curious what you and others would consider a red line that merits impeachment?  What would deserve criminal charges and jail time? 

For me:

Impeachment: large scale tax fraud, lying about knowledge of meetings between his campaign and Russians

Criminal Charges :  cooperation with the Russians to sway the election or conspiracy to to so.  If we hear about another meeting than the one with Trump Jr, anyone who knew about it should go to jail.
I've felt he should have been impeached on day 1 for his violations of the emoluments clause. I agree with all of the above, and possible criminal conspiracy charges if he knew about the Russian meetings. Plus refunding the country for the wasteful spending of his family and cabinet members and forgoing future secret service protection (unless they pay for it themselves) due to their corruption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:34 AM »
Oh yeah Margo, all that sounds nice. 

I’m really curious about the possibility of Trump actually going to jail and the scenarios where that could happen.  I learned in a podcast about impeachment that it simply means removal from office.  It’s not a criminal trial with a sentence.  Even worse, there’s nothing to stop him from running for President again! 

I totally agree about the emoluments clause and I learned a lot about that as well.  Essentially, that’s a part of the constitution that’s never been tested because we’ve never had a President who was as openly corrupt in the same way as Trump.  I guess he deserves credit for excelling in this area.

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »
Oh yeah Margo, all that sounds nice. 

I’m really curious about the possibility of Trump actually going to jail and the scenarios where that could happen.  I learned in a podcast about impeachment that it simply means removal from office.  It’s not a criminal trial with a sentence.  Even worse, there’s nothing to stop him from running for President again! 

I totally agree about the emoluments clause and I learned a lot about that as well.  Essentially, that’s a part of the constitution that’s never been tested because we’ve never had a President who was as openly corrupt in the same way as Trump.  I guess he deserves credit for excelling in this area.
I'm just shocked with what a pass he's been given by Congress. Previous presidents lied *once* and had impeachment proceedings started. He lies daily and there's no outrage. He's threatened military action over Twitter. Like, what precedent are we setting?? Corruption in conservative governments and everyone just accepting that it can't be changed seems to be the new normal.

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 11:31:26 AM »
Yeah, I'm upset by what he's doing, but especially upset by the new standards that are being set.  What's next?  You are right to be concerned about precedent. 

One good thing that you may enjoy when you arrive is that it's totally cool to assume everyone here thinks Trump is an idiot because they do.  There's no reason to dance around it when you meet someone new.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2017, 12:28:57 PM »
I think more so than anything, the next two election cycles are important.

Because if Trump maintains a level of support, it will say something quite awful about things.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Mr Texas! What's your opinion on this? (And anyone else of course)
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 12:49:08 PM »
I received my ballot from Arizona yesterday.  I haven't looked yet, but it should be the mid term elections.  I usually don't vote in those but this year I'll do it.
I can't imagine how bad I would feel if Trump were reelected after all that's happened.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 01:13:39 PM by jimbocz »

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 06:23:06 PM »
I received my ballot from Arizona yesterday.  I haven't looked yet, but it should be the mid term elections.  I usually don't vote in those but this year I'll do it.
I can't imagine how bad I would feel if Trump were reelected after all that's happened.
I don't usually vote midterm either, it's mainly for local candidates, but I feel like we have to start change at the local govt level and actually have some new people running here. My state representative (in Albany) needs to not be re-elected too. He was one of only a couple standing in the way of single payer healthcare coming to a proper debate and vote. He blocked it even after hearing from hundreds of constituents. And now Trump is killing the ACA through any means possible.

Sponsored Links