Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I screwed up.....poop  (Read 1422 times)

• Liked: 149
I screwed up.....poop
« on: October 27, 2017, 06:01:56 PM »
Just switched from Virgin to Sky. Shouldn't have. and.........they call me today trying to sell me Sky insurance. I had a couple of beers before he called.....all I can say.....people calling you from these places must put up with a lot of abuse. I just kept asking him to get to the point.......he took it like a champion. Kept reading through his script without a waver and with I can only state as undying love for his job (hehe....hehehehe). He wouldn't let me shake him from his undying devotion to Sky. We came to an agreement......he gave up.
Fred

• Liked: 4985
Re: I screwed up.....poop
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 07:08:30 PM »
I'm quite a fan of Sky!  No complaints here.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
Haha! I had Sky for TV & broadband a few years ago and hated it. I thought it was overpriced for what you get with the TV packages, while the box constantly failed to record things and they wouldn't replace it without charging us £65.

We cancelled Sky, switched to Freeview for TV and PlusNet for broadband, and have been totally happy with both.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:27 PM »
Haha! I had Sky for TV & broadband a few years ago and hated it. I thought it was overpriced for what you get with the TV packages, while the box constantly failed to record things and they wouldn't replace it without charging us £65.

We cancelled Sky, switched to Freeview for TV and PlusNet for broadband, and have been totally happy with both.

We did get angry with them last year and got our "every package" on multiple tv's and Sky Q for £38 a month.  So I'm quite a fan of them now!

• Liked: 149
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 08:12:17 PM »
I was getting bumped up to £80 a month on Virgin......2 recordable boxes and broadband. Told Virgin I was going to quit.....nothing. So I quit. Damn....calls from Sky and Virgin wanting my money.....too late. Took the Sky basic package for £37.50 a month....tv+broadband for 18 months. We almost went Freeview.....but we would need to spend a good bit on a good aerial where we are. Likely do it in 18 months....the cable companies are in trouble. There isn't much on we can't live without.
Fred

• Liked: 163
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »
We did get angry with them last year and got our "every package" on multiple tv's and Sky Q for £38 a month.  So I'm quite a fan of them now!

Getting angry is the key. When I called to cancel, they tried for 20 minutes to get me to stay, throwing a free box at me, plus however many months of the premium package free, all but offering to send a tech to my house to change the channels for me. I declined. :)

I was getting bumped up to £80 a month on Virgin......2 recordable boxes and broadband. Told Virgin I was going to quit.....nothing. So I quit. Damn....calls from Sky and Virgin wanting my money.....too late. Took the Sky basic package for £37.50 a month....tv+broadband for 18 months. We almost went Freeview.....but we would need to spend a good bit on a good aerial where we are. Likely do it in 18 months....the cable companies are in trouble. There isn't much on we can't live without.

We only kept Sky so long because I like to watch the NFL, but when they launched GamePass for watching all the games on the web, it made Sky's 2 games per week for an extra £27 (or whatever it was to add Sky Sports) an even worse deal than it already was.

There's nothing on any of the rest of the basic Sky package we missed when we switched to Freeview.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab