Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29956 times)

• Liked: 98
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »
None of that makes your application non-straightforward.

You have a perfectly normal, straightforward situation, same as anyone else... and the only thing that might mean your application takes a bit longer is the large amount of evidence you sent, because it may well take them longer to sort through it... however, since it only takes a couple of hours to make a decision on a visa application, I can't imagine it would add more than a day or so.

A non-straightforward application is classed as one (or more) of the following:
- you have previous refused entries to the UK
- you have previous refused visas for the UK
- you have worked illegally in the UK
- you have been an illegal overstayer in the UK
- you have been deported or removed from the UK
- you have criminal convictions that may cause you to be ineligible for a visa

Thanks for that ksand24! None of those conditions apply to me. I'm glad the experts on here are so knowledgeable about the ins and outs of this process!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 95
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2017, 01:20:34 AM »
You guys probably know that I'll post asap when I hear something, but still: no news today :-\\\\

Yeah, I had no idea this was even possible. We've tried calling UKVI directly at their £1.37/min help line. All the tales of incompetence about their customer service folks notwithstanding.

They kept putting us on hold to ask the supervisor questions. At first they flat out said I'd need to cancel my application to get my passport back. When we explained a second time about the gold service allowing you to keep the passport, they seemed totally uninformed. Eventually we were told I could enter the UK as a tourist and return to collect the visa. I'm far from confident about this now. Still haven't booked a ticket because I'm leery about whether the border force agent is going to see I have a settlement application pending when they scan my passport. We noted 14 Dec as my intended date of travel on the application form.

Still no decision email as of this morning so I'm really wondering how they can justify the extra fees for "gold premium," considering the experience Dani and I have had. Thinking positively though and still hopeful about the priority service, given the apparently speedier processing times this time of year.

It's like they had an idea on how to make more money, and just skipped all of the steps after giving it a price and a name.

FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 01:49:19 AM »
You guys probably know that I'll post asap when I hear something, but still: no news today :-\\\\

Ditto!

It's like they had an idea on how to make more money, and just skipped all of the steps after giving it a price and a name.

Truly shameful and disheartening... I hope no one else falls for their "gold premium," scam. Seriously folks, if you're reading this and on the fence - save your money! Go with standard priority and don't bother with "gold."

Here's hoping we both hear on Monday!  ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:52:03 AM by FLgator86 »
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
——————————————
ILR
——————————————
Citizenship
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 03:03:57 AM »

Truly shameful and disheartening... I hope no one else falls for their "gold premium," scam. Seriously folks, if you're reading this and on the fence - save your money! Go with standard priority and don't bother with "gold."

Without you and Dani as our pioneers, we would not have been sure about this. Big thanks to both of you for taking one for the team!  :)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 05:01:58 PM »
It's unfortunate to hear you Gold applicants are not getting what you hoped, and paid for.
Take it as a life learning experience. Never buy the first run of anything. A new model of a car, Cell phone, whatever? When you do. You become Quality Assurance tester, if you will. There will be issues, recalls, and consumer complaints. With the start up of any new service. I'm not excusing this at all. Just something, I learned over the years.

« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 05:13:31 PM »
It's unfortunate to hear you Gold applicants are not getting what you hoped, and paid for.
Take it as a life learning experience. Never buy the first run of anything. A new model of a car, Cell phone, whatever? When you do. You become Quality Assurance tester, if you will. There will be issues, recalls, and consumer complaints. With the start up of any new service. I'm not excusing this at all. Just something, I learned over the years.

Very true! I should've done some more research but at the time, we had no idea this was a new offering... We went through immigration solicitors and just followed their advice up to the point of the appointment.

It was only after finding this helpful forum, post submission, that I asked about other people's experiences with VFS and was told we'd inadvertently become beta testers! I don't  want to sound like I'm whining - I know many here have had long waits!

Who knows, maybe things will improve after they've been doing this for a while. I just hope others can benefit from our hindsight  :)
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
——————————————
ILR
——————————————
Citizenship
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 06:15:17 PM »
Without you and Dani as our pioneers, we would not have been sure about this. Big thanks to both of you for taking one for the team!  :)

You're really kind to say that  [smiley=smitten.gif] I chose to do it even though I didn't need most of what they claimed to offer only because I was in a huge hurry and I figured a quick turnaround was fair and something they could/would make happen for that cost. I knew I was the first and that it could go differently but I honestly didn't think it would! It is a bonus that we got some info. and can spare people the added cost until they get their ducks in a row.

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2017, 03:58:15 AM »
No decision yet, but after emailing VFS a third time about the requisite timeline for returning my passport for the vignette, they've provided yet another vague response:

Dear applicant,

We will hold your visa for a respectable amount of time. It is understood that you will be traveling. Depending on when your visa is issued and sent to our facility we will make arrangements that will work in the favor of both VFS and you the applicant, also we will send your documents to address provided as long as it is also in favor of VFS and you the applicant. It is preferred that you as the applicant is able to send your passport to have you vignette applied as soon as possible to ensure that you have your passport and documents in your possession as soon as possible. If it is possible to make preparations once you are contacted regarding your decision that will be great. If you are unable to, we will do our best to work with you in whatever way we can.

Poor grammar notwithstanding, I can't understand why they won't simply give me a straight answer! I realize this is a new process but I feel like they're being deliberately vague to indemnify themselves. I just want a clear answer from them, in writing and have emailed them yet again. It's incredible that they have the gall to label this a "premium service."  >:(
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
——————————————
ILR
——————————————
Citizenship
Awaiting Decision

« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2017, 07:35:13 AM »
"A respectable amount of time"?! That entire response seems very short to me. The response I received to the e-mail I sent wasn't rude but definitely vague and very odd in the persistent (well, they did ask twice) questioning regarding how I know people are being processed before me. Seeing as I'm far from partial at this point, I'm interested to see how others here interpret the tone of that! I mean, to mention TWICE that it will be when it's good for them? What kind of customer service is that?  ???

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2017, 11:47:22 AM »
"A respectable amount of time"?! That entire response seems very short to me. The response I received to the e-mail I sent wasn't rude but definitely vague and very odd in the persistent (well, they did ask twice) questioning regarding how I know people are being processed before me. Seeing as I'm far from partial at this point, I'm interested to see how others here interpret the tone of that! I mean, to mention TWICE that it will be when it's good for them? What kind of customer service is that?  ???

Indeed! Am I crazy to think someone wrote it in another language and then plugged it into an online translator? Perhaps someone that doesn't actually work on UK Visas lol.

I too shall be persistent and will keep asking them this question until they actually give me a straight answer. Or until December flights become totally unaffordable. Let's see which comes first!

It may not be appropriate for me to just post their entire reply here but I figure anyone considering shelling out the extra bucks for gold oughta see what they're in for!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
——————————————
ILR
——————————————
Citizenship
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 79
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:37 PM »
MY husband just got biscuits new bank statements finally and will be sending them to me priority.. so I'm paying for application and I'm now a little worried about doing the gold service seeing what you ladies are going through for all that extra money ... I'm still on the fence about it as I should be doing it all next week !!!!
I'm so sorry u girls are going though this :( hopefully u hear word soon !!!!! 🤞🏻 Sending good vibes to u both and everyone doing this !!!
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2017, 03:06:47 AM »
MY husband just got biscuits new bank statements finally and will be sending them to me priority.. so I'm paying for application and I'm now a little worried about doing the gold service seeing what you ladies are going through for all that extra money ... I'm still on the fence about it as I should be doing it all next week !!!!
I'm so sorry u girls are going though this :( hopefully u hear word soon !!!!! 🤞🏻 Sending good vibes to u both and everyone doing this !!!

Honestly, unless you have money to burn, because of what we have seen first hand from Dani and  FLgator, I wouldn't do it if I were you. And even if money were no object, I still probably wouldn't do it because they are not getting quicker results than ordinary priority applications and the experience seems to be one of frustration. At least if you are sending in the application yourself, you know for sure that Sheffield is getting all the evidence that you want them to see.

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2017, 01:19:08 PM »
So since I was so hell bent on doing the gold service ... if I end up doing regular priority what exactly are the steps .. I finish the application , pay for it ,the NHS and the priority service then what ? What are all the shipping labels etc .. I haven't even looked to much into it because I thought I would just be doing the gold ... still on the fence tho ?! Any help would be so much appreciated!! Thank u girls for everything !!!!!
US girl met UK guy
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
So since I was so hell bent on doing the gold service ... if I end up doing regular priority what exactly are the steps .. I finish the application , pay for it ,the NHS and the priority service then what ? What are all the shipping labels etc .. I haven't even looked to much into it because I thought I would just be doing the gold ... still on the fence tho ?! Any help would be so much appreciated!! Thank u girls for everything !!!!!

You pay for the labels and the priority service on the vfsglobal website.
Make sure you choose the settlement option for both, it's the more expensive one!

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

Do the gold service if you would feel more comfortable but from what I've seen, I would personally go for regular priority.  I would feel much more in control of my own application.  :)

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2017, 01:31:34 PM »
You pay for the labels and the priority service on the vfsglobal website.
Make sure you choose the settlement option for both, it's the more expensive one!

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

Do the gold service if you would feel more comfortable but from what I've seen, I would personally go for regular priority.  I would feel much more in control of my own application.  :)

So when u print the shipping lables do u just tape them to your package ... do u get the stuff sent back to u or the post office I'm kinda confused with the process ?! I know it's kinda a silly question
US girl met UK guy
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab