Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Farewell to Net Neutrality  (Read 782 times)

• Liked: 957
Farewell to Net Neutrality
« on: December 14, 2017, 07:36:05 PM »
Even though most Americans, even 3 in 4 republicans opposed it. *pours one out for the internet*

http://wapo.st/2CcV0jT

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
Re: Farewell to Net Neutrality
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:49:56 PM »
Even though most Americans, even 3 in 4 republicans opposed it. *pours one out for the internet*

http://wapo.st/2CcV0jT

I am sad by what has felt like a complete looting of America lately.  Repealing Net Neutrality is another nail in the coffin.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 10:19:05 PM »
I am sad by what has felt like a complete looting of America lately.  Repealing Net Neutrality is another nail in the coffin.
They are wasting so much money and time protecting the interests of few. Shrinking national monuments because uranium companies want to mine there. Tax reform that only benefits the very rich and hurts the middle class more. Forming plans to cut the social programs WE PAY INTO so that when we need them they will be gutted. Its insanity. They need to speed up the Russia investigation and have the results of the 2016 election annulled. I don't want Trump impeached alone because then we have Pence. On top of that while everyone is rejoicing about Jones victory, 48 or so percent of alabama voted for a pedophile to represent them. The country is almost beyond repair at this point :( Current events have had more impact on my mental health this year than ever before, both what is happening in the UK and at home. It's just incredibly sad.

• Liked: 66
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:53:01 PM »
They are wasting so much money and time protecting the interests of few. Shrinking national monuments because uranium companies want to mine there. Tax reform that only benefits the very rich and hurts the middle class more. Forming plans to cut the social programs WE PAY INTO so that when we need them they will be gutted. Its insanity. They need to speed up the Russia investigation and have the results of the 2016 election annulled. I don't want Trump impeached alone because then we have Pence. On top of that while everyone is rejoicing about Jones victory, 48 or so percent of alabama voted for a pedophile to represent them. The country is almost beyond repair at this point :( Current events have had more impact on my mental health this year than ever before, both what is happening in the UK and at home. It's just incredibly sad.

My mental health has taken a huge beating this year, I feel you. I also never would've thought I'd be so invested in an Alabama race before this year. It's wild. I was reading reports that the vast majority of media in Alabama kept referring to Moore's behavior as past "sexual misconduct" in an effort to make it sound more normal, like Trump's past behavior. And that just blows my mind.

My husband was up early this morning watching the FCC vote and was just absolutely heartbroken and enraged. I didn't bother waking up because I just assumed it would be bad. Watching the 'highlight reel' so to speak made me sick to my stomach. The lack of decent humanity is just shocking.   
Spouse Visa (Priority)

App Submitted Online: 18 Oct 2017
Biometrics + Docs Sent: 23 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email: 25 Oct 2017
Decision email: 20 Nov 2017 (18 BD)
Passport received: 22 Nov 2017 (APPROVED)
Travel to UK: 28 Dec 2017

FLR(m):
App Submitted Online: 08 July 2020
Biometrics submitted via IDV app: 7 Sept 2020
Approval: 19 Nov 2020

ILR (Priority):
App submitted: 19 Jan 2023
Biometrics: 8 Feb 2023
Approval: 8 Feb 2023

Citizenship:
App submitted: 28 July 2023
Biometrics: 17 Aug 2023
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 12:33:55 AM »
My mental health has taken a huge beating this year, I feel you. I also never would've thought I'd be so invested in an Alabama race before this year. It's wild. I was reading reports that the vast majority of media in Alabama kept referring to Moore's behavior as past "sexual misconduct" in an effort to make it sound more normal, like Trump's past behavior. And that just blows my mind.

My husband was up early this morning watching the FCC vote and was just absolutely heartbroken and enraged. I didn't bother waking up because I just assumed it would be bad. Watching the 'highlight reel' so to speak made me sick to my stomach. The lack of decent humanity is just shocking.
NY attorney General has already released a statement that he will be suing the FCC to preserve net neutrality. Thank goodness for him and the ACLU keeping this government in check.

• Liked: 149
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 11:20:09 AM »
Supposedly in my home state of WA, they have stated they will try to keep the net neutrality even if passed by FCC. Not sure how that will turn out.....but you can hope they can do it.
Fred

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 05:22:20 PM »
Supposedly in my home state of WA, they have stated they will try to keep the net neutrality even if passed by FCC. Not sure how that will turn out.....but you can hope they can do it.
I'm not sure, but congress can also write laws to preserve it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links