Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: USA Delights - We Understand Homesick Taste Buds. We're Here For You...  (Read 7360 times)

• Liked: 1
It’s our dream and noble purpose to both soothe the spirit of homesick Americans and introduce and spread America’s tasty treats throughout the UK!

At USA Delights, www.usadelights.com, we love that we have the opportunity to bring you a taste of American candy, American sodas and soft drinks, and sweet & salty American snacks, all at great prices.

We love what we do. If you're looking to enjoy your favorite treats from America, or if you're simply looking to explore new and tasty sweet or sour flavors, either way, we would love the opportunity to serve you, time and again.

Shop with us how YOU like.  We've setup our sweet shop so you can:

- Have fun building your own candy boxes with your favorite American treats.
- Shop our exclusive and handpicked candy hampers or gift baskets with over 30 pieces of candy.  They make great gifts, but are even better shared.
- Join our Sweet SENDsations candy box subscription program. Enjoy amazingly delicious, premium American brand name candy, delivered right to your door every month with free shipping.

We care about your experience with us. However you find us, we're super excited and hope that you will, and we thank you. We want your experience with us to be different and better than the other guys. Who knows, you might even find a nice little surprise and delight in your order. :-)

We would love to hear from you. We will constantly be striving to bring you all the delights your taste buds and soul desire. If you don't see what you're craving in our large and expanding selection, please don't be shy,  shoot us an email at info@usadelights.com.  We will do everything we can to get your treats in stock as quickly as possible, at a great price.

• Liked: 1891
Re: USA Delights - We Understand Homesick Taste Buds. We're Here For You...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »
I've just given it a quick look and it's got my seal of approval so far.  Pretty funny little love story in the blog posts that showed sufficient respect to Tom Petty.  Nice looking recipe for a peanut butter cake.

Good luck!

Here's some unsolicited suggestions :  Maybe you could team up with the person who makes tamales and do something together.  There must be some synergy.

How about selling craft beer, or making a deal with someone who does?

How about hosting a party, maybe in Twickenham, where we all come and eat your sweets and buy them to take home?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 04:45:24 PM »
Hi Jim - Thank you for the very kind words and your seal of approval!! :-)

It's been a labor of love getting the website up and running.  My first eye opener was that I was showing prices exclusive of VAT.  I ignorantly thought it would be just like in the States, where Sales Tax is calculated at checkout... Noooo... I got feedback on that very quickly, and I was super appreciative that I did.

Great idea on teaming up, or even reaching out to the brands to see what kind of promotional support I could get.  Great idea, sir!!!

I have so many fixed costs that my wife and I have been thinking about another store also with an American theme. We we're thinking coffees.  The regulation around alcohol is pretty stringent and the breweries here pretty much have a hold on the market. I think that maybe something like a Texas themed store could do rather well here.  It's different.

Enjoy your weekend, Jim!  Thanks again!

Chris
www.usadelights.com

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »

I have so many fixed costs that my wife and I have been thinking about another store also with an American theme. We we're thinking coffees.  The regulation around alcohol is pretty stringent and the breweries here pretty much have a hold on the market. I think that maybe something like a Texas themed store could do rather well here.  It's different.

www.usadelights.com

Totally support the coffee ideas...need more flavoured coffees over here (or even coffee creamers if it was possible to get them here). Sad to hear about all the regulations around alcohol because I would KILLLLLL for US microbrews over here (I have to literally overload my suitcase when I come home from visiting the US). I would totally disagree about breweries here having a hold on the market. I think there is totally a market for US craft brews.

Also, if you could smuggle some girl scout cookies in, I would totallly buy them :) haha
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 12:53:30 AM »
Totally support the coffee ideas...need more flavoured coffees over here (or even coffee creamers if it was possible to get them here). Sad to hear about all the regulations around alcohol because I would KILLLLLL for US microbrews over here (I have to literally overload my suitcase when I come home from visiting the US). I would totally disagree about breweries here having a hold on the market. I think there is totally a market for US craft brews.

Also, if you could smuggle some girl scout cookies in, I would totallly buy them :) haha
A source for Keurig pods!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 04:16:24 PM »
Really - coffee beans. It's impossible to find flavored coffees here, and I miss my hazelnut coffee and my Viennese Mocha Cinnamon. Sigh...  I have actually just bitten the bullet and sent back to a shop in California to have them send me my Mocha decaf beans via the USPS, at a ridiculous cost.  8) ::)

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »
Really - coffee beans. It's impossible to find flavored coffees here, and I miss my hazelnut coffee and my Viennese Mocha Cinnamon. Sigh...  I have actually just bitten the bullet and sent back to a shop in California to have them send me my Mocha decaf beans via the USPS, at a ridiculous cost.  8) ::)
TK Maxx has lots of flavored coffees.

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 05:57:17 PM »
Will check them, thanks. I'm not finding flavored whole beans on their website, so maybe it's a "store only" kinda thing?

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 06:01:39 PM »
Will check them, thanks. I'm not finding flavored whole beans on their website, so maybe it's a "store only" kinda thing?
They don't have the food section online.

• Liked: 63
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 09:50:45 AM »
A couple of my local stores tried to sell Twinkies - both ended up knocking them out as no one wanted them.

Maybe they are a nostalgia thing, but never have been my thing, and I like almost anything sweet.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 10:01:14 AM »
A couple of my local stores tried to sell Twinkies - both ended up knocking them out as no one wanted them.

Maybe they are a nostalgia thing, but never have been my thing, and I like almost anything sweet.

I think the problem in shops is the price point. I saw chocolate and peanut butter twinkies in the Foreign Foods section of my local Sainsbury's....but they were around £4 a box...Nostalgia factor is cool and all but not when the price points are so high. I know that pricing has to be high on imported products like that, don't get me wrong, but I don't think twinkies are the type of thing that I would pay premium for and maybe others felt that way as well?
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
I remember reading, about 20 years ago(?), that they decided they could put Twinkies in a time capsule and they'd still be edible 100 years later.

Would never pay a premium for a Twinkie. Ding Dongs, now....  ;)  The candy shop downtown was selling Ding Dongs at 2.50 each (I think) and there's no way. I am never going to be that nostalgic.  8)

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 02:19:13 PM »
I remember reading, about 20 years ago(?), that they decided they could put Twinkies in a time capsule and they'd still be edible 100 years later.

Would never pay a premium for a Twinkie. Ding Dongs, now....  ;)  The candy shop downtown was selling Ding Dongs at 2.50 each (I think) and there's no way. I am never going to be that nostalgic.  8)

Don't get me wrong, I think I heard that one too and I wouldn't be interested in something with a shelf life thaaaat long (especially when it includes "cream)...but I would've tried the chocolate/peanut butter if it was a reasonable price out of curiosity...I think that's always the struggle is being able to make a profit when you factor in import charges while managing to sell it at a reasonable price ("it" being imported goods from the US).

On a positive note though, I like that Chrissal1 seems to be open to suggestions for what to sell :D
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 585
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
I think the problem in shops is the price point. I saw chocolate and peanut butter twinkies in the Foreign Foods section of my local Sainsbury's....but they were around £4 a box...Nostalgia factor is cool and all but not when the price points are so high. I know that pricing has to be high on imported products like that, don't get me wrong, but I don't think twinkies are the type of thing that I would pay premium for and maybe others felt that way as well?

£4 a box is cheap for US Twinkies!  The candy shop up the town sells them for £7.50 a box. 

• Liked: 63
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2017, 07:13:22 PM »

As best I remember, the price started out in the region of £4/box; they were trying to knock them out for 99p last I knew. But, for me, not remotely worth 99p much less a premium price.
Married December 1992 (my 'old flame' whom I first met in the mid-70s)
1st move to UK - 1993 (Letter of Consent granted at British Embassy in Washington DC)
ILR - 1994 (1 year later - no fee way back then!)
Back to US in 2000
Returned to UK July 2011 (Spousal Visa/KOL endorsement)
ILR - September 2011
Application for naturalization submitted July 2014
Approval received 15-10-14; ceremony scheduled for 10 November!
Passport arrived 25 November 2014. Finally done!

Sponsored Links