Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Seems to be a bit windy out there...  (Read 723 times)

• Liked: 149
Seems to be a bit windy out there...
« on: January 03, 2018, 09:01:03 AM »
And.....wouldn't you know it was recycling morning. Put a rope around the cans/plastic boxes and around the bags of paper on top. Then waited for the truck to come so I could get out there without everything going down the street. Just heading out for my morning 5 miles and I am expecting a fair amount of garbage in the area.
Fred

• Liked: 4985
Re: Seems to be a bit windy out there...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:04:08 AM »
It's really whipping around my house too, down in the Southeast.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:47:00 AM »
Back from my walk....fighting an old calf injury that I've had an operation on.....damn I hate getting older. But..... there really are some idiots around here. How many boxes of loose items and paper etc did I see just plopped down next to the street???? It doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that a lot of that is just going to get sucked out and down the street.
Fred

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »
It's very windy here. Last night felt like it was gonna take the roof off! The windows in this flat are more of a rain blocker than wind, so it's pretty chilly in here today too!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »
But... I have to say I am not missing home. 75 car pile up in a blizzard with sub zero farenheight temps.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 718
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 11:57:19 AM »
Things have approved since we last lived here in 2011 vis a vis bins and windy days. These days we have big heavy bins for rubbish and recycling with the paper container inside the recycling bin. I have a bungee cord that I use to hold down the actual lid.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 12:58:20 PM »
Dang.....all we get is a hard plastic box for the recycling. We usually put out 2 (I drink a lot of diet Coke) and I use another large plastic tub of my own....no lids on either. The paper/cardboard is just put in a blue plastic sack. Both of these just allow the wind to do what it wants with what is in them.
Fred

• Liked: 718
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 01:22:21 PM »
Dang.....all we get is a hard plastic box for the recycling. We usually put out 2 (I drink a lot of diet Coke) and I use another large plastic tub of my own....no lids on either. The paper/cardboard is just put in a blue plastic sack. Both of these just allow the wind to do what it wants with what is in them.

That sounds very much like what we had here in2011. A real pain on windy days and blown all over the street sometimes  even when putting stones or bricks on top of the bag to weigh it down.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
Just went to drop the baby at nursery for the afternoon.  They haven't picked up the recycle on that street yet and EVERYTHING from EVERYONE's recycling bins is EVERYWHERE.  Looks awful!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab