Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Freeze/Unfreeze Credit  (Read 893 times)

• Liked: 35
Freeze/Unfreeze Credit
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:39:03 AM »
Warning - this is a moan....

After the stupid Equifax hack we decided to freeze our credit. We use a friend's address in the US and unfortunately she is a rolling stone.

Everything went well for me with all three agencies. For my wife Experian was the problem. They didn't recognize our "current" address in Washington State, only our "previous" address in Arizona, and they would only mail out the PIN for unfreezing.

OK, no problemo. I set up mail forwarding from the old address to the new. Well guess what, no PIN. Well, whatever, don't need credit in the US anyway.

Fast forward to now and we need a credit check in the US, so time to unfreeze everything. Here is the problem, how to unfreeze for my wife with Experian without a PIN.

First try the online form. Gives me "sorry we are unable to process your request" and then instructions to mail documents to a PO box in Texas. I tried this a couple of times with the current address and the previous address. No luck.

Now I try calling them. It is impossible to get a human on the phone. Every option ends in an automated message saying to write to their PO box. Great.

I try calling again to use the automated system to request a new PIN, again ends in a recording and cuts me off.

Next I check the options to quickly get documents to them. No courier will deliver to a PO box. The only option is Royal Mail / USPS with 5-7 days. Of course what I need to mail them is everything an ID thief would need in one nice envelope! Great... USPS already lost things in the past.

When you call Experian you get a messsage saying they are working for a "better tomorrow". Uh... yeah, right.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Freeze/Unfreeze Credit
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 10:41:22 AM »
How frustrating!

Does this help?

https://numberforliveperson.com/experian/

• Liked: 35
Re: Freeze/Unfreeze Credit
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 04:16:40 PM »
How frustrating!

Does this help?

https://numberforliveperson.com/experian/