Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My daughter met her sister for the first time  (Read 1326 times)

• Liked: 768
My daughter met her sister for the first time
« on: February 06, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
Long story short. My daughter's biological dad was my booty call way back in the day. He peaced out when I got pregnant and another man raised my daughter as his own from the day she was born.

Fast forward to now... My daughter has known about her bio dad since she was 16. They've reestablished contact and have slowly been building a relationship over the past 6 years.  His other kids just found out about her 2 months ago.

All the kids just met for the first time. My daughter is on the left. She said it's like looking in a mirror. They have the same voice and mannerisms too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: My daughter met her sister for the first time
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 07:53:17 PM »
Wow!  They could be twins.  How wonderful that they've been able to connect while still young.  I hope they can all enjoy a relationship moving forward!  :)

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 08:23:22 PM »
Wow!  They could be twins.  How wonderful that they've been able to connect while still young.  I hope they can all enjoy a relationship moving forward!  :)
It's so bizarre because she has always been my mini me. (Minus the nose) We've always thought we looked so much alike and now I see her sister, looking just like her and I realize she must look nothing like me. Lmfao

And I've been told it is my youngest daughter and I that look alike and we're both like, "No way".

I told BD, that this is his second chance, don't muck it up. I won't intervene and it's up to them to develop whatever type of relationship they want. He came to meet her for her high school graduation.

He's been guilt wracked all these years and she holds no anger or resentment. She grew up with parents that loved her and always do. This week will be a time for healing for all of them.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »

It's so bizarre because she has always been my mini me. (Minus the nose) We've always thought we looked so much alike and now I see her sister, looking just like her and I realize she must look nothing like me. Lmfao

I look nothing like my dad, but look more like my half sisters (who have a different mom) than my real sister. Genetics are fun like that! I see the resemblance from the other photos you've shared. It's amazing that they were able to meet, and hopefully can build a friendship. :)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Liked: 716
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 08:15:34 AM »
What a great photo and a great story, so nice for your daughters to get to know each other and then finally meet up.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 10:57:22 AM »
That's a great story and a funny picture.  I really hope everything works out for your daughter and she can have a good relationship with her biological dad.  It's got to be fraught with so many issues.
I was adopted as an infant and know nothing about my biological parents.  I've thought often about how wierd it would be to meet someone who shares my genes as I've never had that.  I  envy your daughter in that way.  On the other hand, I think if I picked two random people from NC who are 20 years older than me, it's pretty unlikely I would like them.  So I'm staying away from finding my biological parents. 

You must have heard about this bizarre story :
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/05/north-carolina-father-and-biological-daughter-charged-incest-after-having-baby/306364002/

Why is it always North Carol ina?

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 10:59:37 AM »
By the way, you've got first dibs on the Fire and Fury book since you made my grits dreams come true.  Should I send it to you?  Free of course.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 11:00:23 AM »
That's a great story and a funny picture.  I really hope everything works out for your daughter and she can have a good relationship with her biological dad.  It's got to be fraught with so many issues.
I was adopted as an infant and know nothing about my biological parents.  I've thought often about how wierd it would be to meet someone who shares my genes as I've never had that.  I  envy your daughter in that way.  On the other hand, I think if I picked two random people from NC who are 20 years older than me, it's pretty unlikely I would like them.  So I'm staying away from finding my biological parents. 

You must have heard about this bizarre story :
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/05/north-carolina-father-and-biological-daughter-charged-incest-after-having-baby/306364002/

Why is it always North Carol ina?

I saw that last night! And they have a kid together!! So weird.
They knew they were father and daughter too as she was searching for her birth parents and found them married with two kids.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
Seems like I read something about how people are really attracted to other people who are genetically similar.  If you didn't grow up around the other person than the incest aversion process never happens, so this kind of thing is more common than you would think.  Similar things frequently happen to brothers and sisters who meet as adults.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 839
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 11:09:12 AM »
That's lovely nctami72!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 11:12:44 AM »
Is that a Led Zeppelin t-shirt? How do you stop your kids from liking crap music? 
My daughter has figured out how to use Bluetooth to hijack the car stereo and torture me with crap music

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »
Ok... that story... ummm, I don't even have words besides gross.

My dad was adopted as an infant too and when he was in his 40's went on a search for his bio parents. He had been abandoned in the back seat of a doctor's car, just hours old, wrapped in a dish towel.

I'll post the newspaper articles. His search was fascinating.

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
Is that a Led Zeppelin t-shirt? How do you stop your kids from liking crap music? 
My daughter has figured out how to use Bluetooth to hijack the car stereo and torture me with crap music
Yes! She loves the classics.

We went to Toronto to see David Gilmour and she'll be coming back here in June to see Roger Waters.

She goes to as many classic rock concerts as she can.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:34 AM »
Yes! She loves the classics.

We went to Toronto to see David Gilmour and she'll be coming back here in June to see Roger Waters.

She goes to as many classic rock concerts as she can.

My kid wants to listen to Frere Jacques on repeat.  I've lost all hope that she'll enjoy good music one day!!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 11:33:17 AM »
Seems like I read something about how people are really attracted to other people who are genetically similar.  If you didn't grow up around the other person than the incest aversion process never happens, so this kind of thing is more common than you would think.  Similar things frequently happen to brothers and sisters who meet as adults.

Yeah. I thought you were supposed to be attracted to different DNA... That was the last article I read anyway.

It's probably a mix of both.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab