Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cat lady for life!  (Read 32356 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Cat lady for life!
« Reply #285 on: September 26, 2018, 12:56:16 PM »
I’ve felt sick since I even left for my trip to the states. I’ve been back since Monday afternoon. Cat was mad at me Monday because I left but last two days...

I’ve been getting sicker and can’t get in to my GP, so I’ve been worthless at being anything other than a pillow ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no better job than being a kitty pillow!  :D
Feel better!  :)

• Liked: 239
« Reply #286 on: September 26, 2018, 12:58:41 PM »
There is no better job than being a kitty pillow!  :D
Feel better!  :)

Last night the kitty was asleep on my lap and the husband on my arm 😊 Kitty currently has his head on my hand sand he’s sleeping with his paws holding my hand 😍
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #287 on: September 26, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
Last night the kitty was asleep on my lap and the husband on my arm 😊 Kitty currently has his head on my hand sand he’s sleeping with his paws holding my hand 😍

Awww! Looks like you've been forgiven!  :D

No one likes me at the moment as I am cutting claws today!  ;D

« Reply #288 on: September 26, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »
Awww! Looks like you've been forgiven!  :D

No one likes me at the moment as I am cutting claws today!  ;D

I’ll let you come do his too  ;D that’s next on our list

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #289 on: September 26, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
My cat has been on strike for cuddles the last few nights as I still feel the need to have the fan on at night.  He does not think the fan is necessary now that temps are dropping.  I'm hoping to get back into his good graces soon.

« Reply #290 on: September 26, 2018, 01:29:02 PM »
My cat has been on strike for cuddles the last few nights as I still feel the need to have the fan on at night.  He does not think the fan is necessary now that temps are dropping.  I'm hoping to get back into his good graces soon.

Aww! Hope he comes around soon.  I’ve been freezing the last two days (not even that chilly outside) so I’ve got the heating on. I think my body is overcompensating from the Alabama heat lol.

FLR(M) Standard

• Liked: 957
« Reply #291 on: September 26, 2018, 01:39:52 PM »
I’ll let you come do his too  ;D that’s next on our list

If you do a sneak attack while he's sleepy it might be easier. If mine is half asleep she lets me do all her paws with no fighting, but if fully awake she squirms so much it takes two sessions!

« Reply #292 on: September 26, 2018, 01:44:46 PM »
If you do a sneak attack while he's sleepy it might be easier. If mine is half asleep she lets me do all her paws with no fighting, but if fully awake she squirms so much it takes two sessions!

I’m going to give it a try! He’s a light sleeper like me. He heard the click of the phone camera and woke up earlier lol.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #293 on: September 27, 2018, 10:24:39 PM »

Current situation and he is sound asleep too He got so tired from chasing nothing up and down the stairs for about 30 minutes before we went to bed lol.

FLR(M) Standard

« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2018, 08:52:58 AM »
I took Sobe to the vet's last night.  He's lost about 1.3 pounds in the past year.   :\\\'(  But he still looks really good.  Heart and lungs and organs all feel good.  He's so happy and loving.  I'm not concerned.  They've recommended blood work to check liver, kidneys, and thyroid as those things can easily be corrected with diet to continue his longevity.  He jumped when they went to take the bloods and on a cat his age, they only do one go as to not stress him.  So taking him back next week for the blood draw.  Fingers crossed!  He's the love of my life!

« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2018, 09:24:27 AM »
Hoping for the best for the old boy. x

• Liked: 248
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2018, 09:28:55 AM »
I am not sure who has the more stress when visiting the vet - me or the cat. 

We have found a vet practice that is called Just Cats - name self explanatory.

The oldest cat, Paddie, tolerates everything at the vet office, until she has to go back into the carrier. Then she becomes snarling black panther and turns and swipes at whatever hand is nearby.  The last time we took Paddie, having explained her reaction to going back into her carrier, they simply unscrewed the screws holding the top and bottom of the carrier together and Paddie stayed on her cushion and they gave her her jabs, and then put the lid back on.  Less stress for all concerned.

One of our gang, Ellie (also known as Ellie the Belly) had her jabs recently and the vet commented that she had lost weight.  I told him that she is more active since coming to the UK and that her coat is so much better than it was.  He thought that her coat was not as good as it could be (he hadn't seen it before!)  So Ellie was wormed and we had instructions to bring her back for a weigh in - which we did last week.  She is fine (and has put weight on again mainly because we were feeding her up). 

I hope your fur baby is fine.  Sometimes the simplest of things can make a big difference - as you said, diet. With Ellie the first step was to worm her, then if she hadn't put weight on they would have done a blood test. 

Sorry to ramble, hope everything is OK.

« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
How old is Sobe?  Has he been more active in the summer sun - causing him to lose weight?  Are his teeth OK? Has he been wormed?

Hope he is OK.

« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2018, 11:12:21 AM »
How old is Sobe?  Has he been more active in the summer sun - causing him to lose weight?  Are his teeth OK? Has he been wormed?

Hope he is OK.

He will be 18 on Halloween.  He is an indoor cat.  He's a proper old man and age appropriately active but really just wants to lay in a lap and purr all day.  He doesn't have many teeth (had 14 teeth removed when he was about 2).  He's been wormed.  But super low risk anyways as an indoor pussycat.

« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2018, 12:20:07 PM »
He sounds lovely.

You are doing the best for him and he is having a pretty good life.

Our oldest is 16/17 and is the queen of the house.  She is dozing in the conservatory right now.

Quality of life is what matters, as you know.  And your fella is having it pretty good. 

If, and it is an "if", he has a problem, then a bit of fine tuning of diet and medication should see him through.

Let us know how he gets on.

Sponsored Links