Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Crisps that made me exclaim "Holy hell, those are good!" to an empty room!  (Read 4748 times)

• Liked: 1327
2 dozen bananas?   ;)

My "favorite" substitute was when they substituted a leek instead of an onion.  I mean - I get it.  I just didn't want leek on my tacos...   ::)

I do wonder how they make their decisions sometimes.

The annoying thing is the driver showed me the receipt and said "a perfect shop" because there weren't any omissions or substitutions.  It was the picker who decided two loose bananas couldn't possibly be what I meant, so they gave me two bunches.  I didn't notice it 'til long after the driver had left and I unpacked the paper produce bag to find them.  I didn't even realize what they were at first.  I was not expecting this!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
Aaaaaaaannnnd since we're talking about online grocery shopping, it's times like this that make me scratch my head.  Every week, I order two bananas.  I hate bananas (traumatic childhood experience... it's silly, but I can't get over it), but I get a couple for my husband because he likes them.  Still, he struggles to eat them before they turn brown.  At our old house, I would just make "banana cake"--his description of banana bread-- out of the brown ones, but I don't have an oven here, so I limit how many I buy at a time.

Anyway, every week, 2 bananas "loose".  This week was no different.  Except Tesco sent me this:

They charged me for them, too.   ::)

2 dozen bananas?   ;)

My "favorite" substitute was when they substituted a leek instead of an onion.  I mean - I get it.  I just didn't want leek on my tacos...   ::)

And that's why I don't do my grocery shopping online! 

I hate going shopping but I'd hate that more!  ;D

And that's why I don't do my grocery shopping online! 

I hate going shopping but I'd hate that more!  ;D

If I had a car, I wouldn't online shop, trust me!  My husband hates crowded shops... people annoy him.  So until I have a car and can drive myself there, I have to settle for quick runs in to grab a few essentials, and online shopping for the main shopping.

• Liked: 1260
2 dozen bananas?   ;)

yeah the "substitutions team" at Sainsbury's needs a rejig as they are rubbish ahah
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
If I had a car, I wouldn't online shop, trust me!  My husband hates crowded shops... people annoy him.  So until I have a car and can drive myself there, I have to settle for quick runs in to grab a few essentials, and online shopping for the main shopping.

Hoping the next one doesn't get away!  :D

Hoping the next one doesn't get away!  :D

Me too!  I'm still sad about missing out on that little Panda with the ridiculous racing stripes... it was adorable, and cheap road tax, too!

• Liked: 957
Me too!  I'm still sad about missing out on that little Panda with the ridiculous racing stripes... it was adorable, and cheap road tax, too!
How far are you from Bournemouth? We're going car shopping with my husbands father in a couple weeks. There seems to be a lot of dealers with used cars there :) Everything I like is sold within a day so I think my best bet is to just go a few places and try to find one in person.

And I hate how quickly bananas brown here. I just freeze them for smoothies or banana custard. Could you do banana muffins in your pizza oven?

How far are you from Bournemouth? We're going car shopping with my husbands father in a couple weeks. There seems to be a lot of dealers with used cars there :) Everything I like is sold within a day so I think my best bet is to just go a few places and try to find one in person.

And I hate how quickly bananas brown here. I just freeze them for smoothies or banana custard. Could you do banana muffins in your pizza oven?

I was just discussing this with my husband... we were speculating about how that would work.  The design of the oven is meant to make it burn really hot (like, up to 500C), but we have successfully roasted a few turkey breast crowns at lower temperatures.  If we can keep it at a steady temp, I'll just keep an eye on the muffins/loaf/whatever and hopefully we could get it right.  People used to cook this way, standard, so surely it can be done.

• Liked: 957
I was just discussing this with my husband... we were speculating about how that would work.  The design of the oven is meant to make it burn really hot (like, up to 500C), but we have successfully roasted a few turkey breast crowns at lower temperatures.  If we can keep it at a steady temp, I'll just keep an eye on the muffins/loaf/whatever and hopefully we could get it right.  People used to cook this way, standard, so surely it can be done.
Yeah I was thinking something smaller would possibly work so the outside doesn't burn while the inside is raw. So thinner cake or muffins. Good luck! (the turkey experiment is what made me think it could work.)

Yeah I was thinking something smaller would possibly work so the outside doesn't burn while the inside is raw. So thinner cake or muffins. Good luck! (the turkey experiment is what made me think it could work.)

I'll have to wait for the bananas to ripen a bit more before I try.  And maybe my husband will surprise me and eat a dozen bananas before they go brown... *giggle*

• Liked: 4985
We got a big delivery of these to the office yesterday but the vultures devoured them all while I was in a meeting.  So I still haven't tried them.

Photo evidence

We got a big delivery of these to the office yesterday but the vultures devoured them all while I was in a meeting.  So I still haven't tried them.

Photo evidence

Are you kidding?!  How did you not get to try them...?  Why were there so many?!  I have too many questions.

Also, they weren't on offer this week, so I didn't put them in my order.  I may regret that decision soon.

Are you kidding?!  How did you not get to try them...?  Why were there so many?!  I have too many questions.

Also, they weren't on offer this week, so I didn't put them in my order.  I may regret that decision soon.

We get LOTS of samples at my new job.  These were for us to sample!  The people got to them while I was in a long meeting.  Free stuff for grabs doesn’t last too long.  Though it happens at least twice a week.  They were “sharing size” bags too!

• Liked: 1260
We get LOTS of samples at my new job.  These were for us to sample!  The people got to them while I was in a long meeting.  Free stuff for grabs doesn’t last too long.  Though it happens at least twice a week.  They were “sharing size” bags too!

Can you please hire me? I'm an amazing sampler.... just saying...  ::)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Can you please hire me? I'm an amazing sampler.... just saying...  ::)

You should see the amount of alcohol that comes through this place.  SO. MUCH. ALCOHOL.

Sponsored Links