Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Background Check from US- FINGERPRINTS!!!  (Read 749 times)

• Liked: 15
Background Check from US- FINGERPRINTS!!!
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »
Hello,

I did a bit of digging but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe someone can help.

I am certified to teach in the state of Texas EC-6 (primary school). I have QTS in the UK. I have a DBS done and on the recurring check thing.

The recruiters I am trying to work with have asked for a check from the US (understandable, I have only been here since September 2017), to which they sent a link. I have done what the website asked, applied and paid, now I just need my fingerprints. But where do I go? This agency isn't very helpful, the Met Police said they need an official request from DBS, DBS says they can't help me because it has nothing to do with them, US Embassy has been no help, I can't get through on the phone and the website isn't much help.

How can I get fingerprints to send? Why is this so hard? I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Applied (Online application sent in): 1 May 17
Received: 30 May 17
Decision Email: 9 August 17
Decision: Granted
Passport/Visa received: 21 August 17
Arrived in London: 6 Sept 17
Married: 31 Oct 17
FLR(M) Application: 4 Dec 17
Biometrics: 11 Dec 17
Documents Sent: 11 Dec 17
Documents Received in Sheffield: 13 Dec 17
FLR(M) Granted: ?

• Liked: 3595
Re: Background Check from US- FINGERPRINTS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 01:06:13 PM »
I was looking into this for visa purposes (I'm British but have lived in the US), and while I didn't get very far in the process, my understanding was that you needed to get them done at a police station.

I've just done another search again now, and there's a whole section of the Met Police website on how to make an appointment to get your fingerprints:
https://www.met.police.uk/request/your-fingerprints/no-i-am-not-a-uk-citizen/?stepid=1-1-1-2

It doesn't mention anything about needing a DBS request, but then I haven't gone through the process of trying to make an appointment.

• Liked: 15
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
Thank you!!!

After writing that message I was able to calm down enough to search with fresh eyes. I applied on the Met website and now I am waiting for a response.

Than you again! I'll keep this updated with my progress for anyone else that might come across this issue.
Applied (Online application sent in): 1 May 17
Received: 30 May 17
Decision Email: 9 August 17
Decision: Granted
Passport/Visa received: 21 August 17
Arrived in London: 6 Sept 17
Married: 31 Oct 17
FLR(M) Application: 4 Dec 17
Biometrics: 11 Dec 17
Documents Sent: 11 Dec 17
Documents Received in Sheffield: 13 Dec 17
FLR(M) Granted: ?

• Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 12:32:20 PM »
I had this problem as well. I can’t remember exactly what I did, but I know I applied for an FBI background check online from a private company located in America. I think I printed out their fingerprint form on card and took it to the main police station in the city where I live. I called ahead to check. They may have had a certain window I could go in, and I believe I had to pay in exact cash.

I did not fill in any online forms for the UK - I just called the closest major police station, paid in person and had them do my fingerprints. I then posted the fingerprints card along with the application form to that company in America.

I saved the receipts from both the application and the fingerprints and had the teaching agency I worked for pay me back. I chose to receive the results electronically in an email and via post. I think I may have had to have them posted to my parents in the US, as they did not ship to international addresses. I used National Background Check, Inc. Hope this helps.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab