Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Precise Help needed for UK spousal visa flow  (Read 860 times)

• Liked: 16
Precise Help needed for UK spousal visa flow
« on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:30 AM »
 :)
Hello Fellow American friends living in UK!

Has anyone here  ever applied for "UK spousal visa in U.S " ?

Please only respond to this if it was" Spousal visa applying from U.S"  as different visa has  different requirements.

This is my first time so please help me with updated and relevant information if you know or have been through this recently.

Here is the sequence of tasks I am about to execute. ( Correct me if I am about to make mistakes)

I am getting marriage license on 5/24 in U.S - I am going to apply for UK Spousal visa on line ( Visa4Uk)  -  I then submit the supporting documents via UPS.

Questions:

1)Exactly, WHEN should I click" submit application" on Visa4UK? My intention is to apply immediately after getting the marriage license so it won't be delayed.

2)Can I only schedule finger print appointment after I submit the application?

3)If you have traveled outside of Uk and US extensively, do you need to remember EXACT dates for each trip??? ( There is a section where I ask you to fill out travel dates) Has anyone ever rejected for not writing THE EXACT dates for countless traveling ?

I am not 100% sure about the step from A to Z (  From the point of getting marriage license to the submission of the online application AND the documents via UPS or Fedex )

I would appreciate relevant and updated information.  It's hard to work long hour at work and try to put these dots in to the line....;)

Lastly, Thank you for reading this and I am excited to be a part of this community.
Jaye

• Liked: 113
Precise Help needed for UK spousal visa flow
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:28:32 AM »
I would suggest reading up on some previous posts from the Visas and Citizenship board. Ksand24 provides a lot of useful checklists for the required supporting documents needed as these will vary depending on what category you intend to use to meet the financial requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:29:53 AM by masonjohnsmum »
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 113
Re: Precise Help needed for UK spousal visa flow
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 05:53:25 AM »
Has anyone here  ever applied for "UK spousal visa in U.S " ?\

Head on over to the Visas and Citizenship board so the "visa experts" can help you.

1)Exactly, WHEN should I click" submit application" on Visa4UK? My intention is to apply immediately after getting the marriage license so it won't be delayed.

You should ONLY click on submit after you have gathered ALL the required supporting documentation because you only have 5 days to mail these to Sheffield from the time you have your fingerprints (biometrics) taken. Also, are you changing your name? If so, I believe you will need to change the name on your passport first before you apply. However, it is best to confirm this with the "visa experts" on this forum (ksand24, KFdancer, larrabee.... to name a few).

Below are only examples, the required supporting documents will vary depending on what category you are using to meet the financial requirement.
- Financial documents: sponsor's bank statements, sponsor's payslips, sponsor's employment contract, etc.
- Accommodation documents: sponsor's tenancy agreement (if renting), letter from landlord granting permission for you to live there (also, if renting)
- Relationship documents: Screenshots of email inbox showing exchanges, Call logs, Text logs, photos together, joint lease, joint utility bills, etc.

Yes, you can only schedule biometrics after you have submitted your online application.

3)If you have traveled outside of Uk and US extensively, do you need to remember EXACT dates for each trip??? ( There is a section where I ask you to fill out travel dates) Has anyone ever rejected for not writing THE EXACT dates for countless traveling?

Try to be as accurate as you can.

I am not 100% sure about the step from A to Z (  From the point of getting marriage license to the submission of the online application AND the documents via UPS or Fedex)

- I understand you are busy but I think it's still very important to read up on Appendix FM and Appendix FM-SE to familiarize yourself with the requirements. Since you need to determine what category you are going to use to meet the financial requirement. The money you will be spending on this application is no joke, and there is no room for error since UKVI will reject your application if anything is missing. I learned this the hard way since our first application was denied due to insufficient evidence. So that was easily $3k+ down the drain.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-family-members

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

- Get help from the "visa experts" on the Visas and Citizenship board

- Gather ALL the required supporting documents

- Apply online and pay the visa fees and IHS surcharge, schedule your Biometrics appointment

- Pay the priority fee and purchase shipping labels from the VFS Global website (if applicable)

- Go to your biometrics appointment

- Mail your application and supporting documents to Sheffield within 5 days of your biometrics appointment
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:59:21 AM by masonjohnsmum »
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 05:56:45 AM »

I am getting marriage license on 5/24 in U.S - I am going to apply for UK Spousal visa on line ( Visa4Uk)  -  I then submit the supporting documents via UPS.

Questions:

3)If you have traveled outside of Uk and US extensively, do you need to remember EXACT dates for each trip??? ( There is a section where I ask you to fill out travel dates) Has anyone ever rejected for not writing THE EXACT dates for countless traveling ?

I am not 100% sure about the step from A to Z (  From the point of getting marriage license to the submission of the online application AND the documents via UPS or Fedex )

I would appreciate relevant and updated information.  It's hard to work long hour at work and try to put these dots in to the line....;)

Lastly, Thank you for reading this and I am excited to be a part of this community.
Jaye

Hi Jaye, welcome!

1-What about the rest of your supporting documents? Do you want to post a list so that we can let you know if there is anything missing?
Once you have all of them (including the marriage certificate) then you can submit the online application.

2-Yes.

3-You should be as specific as you can be. Check the stamps in your passport, old itineraries, diaries and try to piece the dates together as well as you can.

You'll find Ksand's timeline here. http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=93393.msg1225902#msg1225902

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:54:22 AM »

3-You should be as specific as you can be. Check the stamps in your passport, old itineraries, diaries and try to piece the dates together as well as you can.

Welcome :)

Was going to say this exact thing about checking timestamps in your passport. That's exactly what I did each time. I hadn't even thought about it initially because it just doesn't even cross your mind to do!

Definitely check out the visa section. There are LOADS of people who have gone that route.

Also - make sure you print the guide notes section that accompanies the visa as I found this far more helpful than just reading the questions without the guide.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:44:51 AM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 223
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:16:56 AM »
There are obviously many more things to worry about for each specific visa, but
here is an overview of what your next 5-6 years will probably look like.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab