Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Denial Question  (Read 4611 times)

• Liked: 35
Visa Denial Question
« on: April 10, 2018, 01:00:05 AM »
Just wondering, if for some reason my spouse visa is denied due to missing paperwork or something filled out incorrectly do we have to apply and pay all over again or can we just submit the corrections? Thanks!
1st App Mailed: 03/14/18 STANDARD
Decision Made: 07/02/18(70 WD)
Decision: Denial
2nd App Mailed to NYC: 05/23/19 PRIORITY
Docs Arrived NYC: 05/28/19
Email to UKVI: 07/31/19
Email Recd to send Priority receipt: 08/02/19 (48 WD)
Visa Received: 08/09/19

• Liked: 113
Re: Visa Denial Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 01:41:02 AM »
Just wondering, if for some reason my spouse visa is denied due to missing paperwork or something filled out incorrectly do we have to apply and pay all over again or can we just submit the corrections? Thanks!

There are some instances where the decision maker can ask for additional supporting documents (see Appendix FM-SE). But generally, if you get a refusal then you will have to start from scratch and pay all the fees again. Only the IHS surcharge is refundable.

#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 01:59:26 AM »
If refused, nope, you have to reapply, but...

Before a refusal is sent, it is entirely the discretion of your ECO (entry clearance officer) to ask for more information. Official wording in your receipt email is:
"...you must ensure that <you have> sent all relevant supporting documentation to the UK Decision Making Centre in Sheffield...If documents are not received a decision will be taken on the basis on the information that has been provided."

If there is a single item missing or needing additional evidence, they may or may not ask for it before a decision is made. You can easily read in past posts, even recent ones where requests for more documents has happened, but you can find even more posts of refusals for things you think they could have asked for clarification, so, bummer.

They are looking for reasons to refuse NOT looking for reasons to approve. Burden of proof is on the applicant.

For early before a decision has been made, I think you have nothing to lose so why not try, worst they can do is say no or to ignore it. Someone few months ago did try sending an email and they ignored it, but that may come down to email header or what not. Sometimes rubbing a lucky rabbits foot works, but was it really the luck in the rabbits foot? No harm but most likely won't work, but worth a try, maybe. ;)

« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:07:53 AM by HelloSam »

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 02:41:15 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Some how my previous response didn’t post. Hopefully this all works out. I realized after we mailed that one date was missing on our financial application, date we met. The online application was correct and had all necessary dates. Unfortunately we won’t be able to reapply if refused because of the cost. Will have to wait until next year. With a one income household and a new baby we’re finacially f*cked at this point. Fingers crossed!

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 06:08:09 AM »
I realized after we mailed that one date was missing on our financial application, date we met. The online application was correct and had all necessary dates. Unfortunately we won’t be able to reapply if refused because of the cost. Will have to wait until next year. With a one income household and a new baby we’re finacially f*cked at this point. Fingers crossed!

There is no way that alone would result in a refusal. As long as you have supplied all the correct evidence in the correct format, then you will get the visa!

• Liked: 4991
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 09:14:32 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Some how my previous response didn’t post. Hopefully this all works out. I realized after we mailed that one date was missing on our financial application, date we met. The online application was correct and had all necessary dates. Unfortunately we won’t be able to reapply if refused because of the cost. Will have to wait until next year. With a one income household and a new baby we’re finacially f*cked at this point. Fingers crossed!

That's not something they would refuse over.   :D

But do keep in mind, you'll get to do this all over again (and pay again) in 2.5 years.  And then a huge sum of money for the final visa after 5 years.  Just be sure to keep saving for the fees over the next few years.   :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:15:47 AM by KFdancer »

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 04:35:48 PM »
That's not something they would refuse over.   :D

But do keep in mind, you'll get to do this all over again (and pay again) in 2.5 years.  And then a huge sum of money for the final visa after 5 years.  Just be sure to keep saving for the fees over the next few years.   :)

Wow!!!!!! This is such a money grubbing system. Every single tiny part of it costs money. Even making a freaking phone call. I don’t have to pay the Health Surcharge again do I? We’ve already spent $3k on this entire process and we didn’t even do priority processing. No wonder there are so many illegal immigrants. Seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry to vent but I can’t believe how much money the government sucks out of this process. It’s disgusting.

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 04:40:06 PM »
Wow!!!!!! This is such a money grubbing system. Every single tiny part of it costs money. Even making a freaking phone call. I don’t have to pay the Health Surcharge again do I? We’ve already spent $3k on this entire process and we didn’t even do priority processing. No wonder there are so many illegal immigrants. Seriously, this is absolutely ridiculous. Sorry to vent but I can’t believe how much money the government sucks out of this process. It’s disgusting.

Yes, you will pay the IHS charge again... which is doubling this year....   ::)

• Liked: 134
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2018, 04:48:20 PM »
I don’t have to pay the Health Surcharge again do I?

You will have to pay the IHS again in 2.5 years when you apply for FLR but you don't have to pay in 5 years when you  apply for ILR.  Just be aware that the price of the IHS is set to double this year at some point so you will need to budget £1,000 in for the next visa in addition to whatever the application fee is at the time.  It's an extremely expensive process.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

• Liked: 6113
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2018, 04:51:33 PM »

It's deliberate. They can't raise the financial requirements (yet) so we believe they are trying to price people out of the market by making the fees so expensive that many just can't afford to apply in the first place.

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »
Basically budget £10,000+ for the next 5 years (including this visa).  Hopefully it won't be much more than that. 

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 04:56:59 PM »
Thanks...we’ll have to start saving for all of this. Hopefully I’ll be working. Out of curiosity won’t taxes from my future paycheck go into paying for the NHS? I’m not disgruntled about paying the NHS, I think the healthcare system is amazing and needs everyone to pay more into it, I’m just confused on the process. I had a baby on the NHS as a visitor (completely unplanned...was going to go the fiancé visa route but got pregnant) and was amazed at the care I got so no way am gripping about paying. In the US even having wonderful medical coverage I would have paid massive fees associated with the birth. Just wondering why I would pay the IHS if I’m already paying into...or am I?

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
It's deliberate. They can't raise the financial requirements (yet) so we believe they are trying to price people out of the market by making the fees so expensive that many just can't afford to apply in the first place.

It absolutely appears they are trying to block people. My husband has paid for most of this because I haven’t been working. I feel extremely fortunate that we have been able to do it. I can’t imagine that most people can afford to. It’s an incredibly expensive process. I better get working! Unfortunately what I did in the US was a niche market with a great salary...not the case in England so will be starting over career wise. Yikes!

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
Thanks...we’ll have to start saving for all of this. Hopefully I’ll be working. Out of curiosity won’t taxes from my future paycheck go into paying for the NHS? I’m not disgruntled about paying the NHS, I think the healthcare system is amazing and needs everyone to pay more into it, I’m just confused on the process. I had a baby on the NHS as a visitor (completely unplanned...was going to go the fiancé visa route but got pregnant) and was amazed at the care I got so no way am gripping about paying. In the US even having wonderful medical coverage I would have paid massive fees associated with the birth. Just wondering why I would pay the IHS if I’m already paying into...or am I?

Yes, you will effectively be paying twice.

Ummm... did you pay for the birth?  If not, you'll need to clear that before you apply.  An NHS debt of £500 will result in an automatic visa refusal.  You may need to contact the trust that you were in and request to be billed and then pay the invoice before applying.  UKVI will do that if you don't, so it will only slow things if you wait for them to do it.

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
I don’t have to pay the Health Surcharge again do I?

Well, the IHS is refunded if your application is refused, so while you will have to pay it again, you'll get the money back from the first application.

Basically, you only have to pay for NHS care if you actually get the visa... because otherwise you have contributed to a healthcare system (and to healthcare treatment) that you won't be allowed to use.

So, you pay it when you apply, and if the visa is not granted, you get it back.

Out of curiosity won’t taxes from my future paycheck go into paying for the NHS? I’m not disgruntled about paying the NHS, I think the healthcare system is amazing and needs everyone to pay more into it, I’m just confused on the process.

Yep, you will pay both taxes and the IHS surcharge towards the NHS. It's not fair that you're paying twice, but it is what it is.

I had a baby on the NHS as a visitor (completely unplanned...was going to go the fiancé visa route but got pregnant) and was amazed at the care I got so no way am gripping about paying. In the US even having wonderful medical coverage I would have paid massive fees associated with the birth.

You mention medical coverage, so I assume you paid for all your treatment? You'll need to provide details of the treatment and payment receipts for the visa application.

It's important to make sure you have no unpaid NHS debt because if you have a debt or more than £500, it's an automatic visa refusal.

Just wondering why I would pay the IHS if I’m already paying into...or am I?

The IHS is an extra charge on top of your normal taxes, simply because you are an immigrant. If you are working, you still pay what a UK citizens pay in taxes towards the NHS, but you pay the extra immigration surcharge on top.

I guess the IHS is there to make sure that non-working immigrants still contribute to the NHS.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:18:27 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links