Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: selling car fast  (Read 2197 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: selling car fast
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2018, 07:24:26 PM »
They always used to say, never buy a car from or sell one to, someone you know!  ;D

We “sold” our other car to a cousin and we haven’t gotten full payment since December haha. They only gave us half. I don’t understand why they think that’s ok but they probably don’t feel the urgency because I’m still around so the move doesn’t seem real. My husband keeps asking me to follow up, but in my culture (Filipino) it’s a very sensitive topic and I don’t know how to approach them. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

selling car fast
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2018, 07:25:47 PM »
When my father retired from the military and my family moved home from overseas, we sold our car to a local airman.  He paid half up front and was to make payments on the remainder... we never saw it.  Never ever do casual credit!

Oh. This is what we arranged with my cousin. Half up front and supposedly the other half “before I left for the UK” which at that time we thought was on January.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 07:26:58 PM by masonjohnsmum »
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »
We “sold” our other car to a cousin and we haven’t gotten full payment since December haha. They only gave us half. I don’t understand why they think that’s ok but they probably don’t feel the urgency because I’m still around so the move doesn’t seem real. My husband keeps asking me to follow up, but in my culture (Filipino) it’s a very sensitive topic and I don’t know how to approach them. Hmmm.

I rest my case!  ;)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2018, 07:40:25 PM »

"As you are aware we have incurred a large cost for my visa for the UK.  This has placed us under financial strain.  Can you let me know what date to expect the balance for the car?"

Want me to call them?   ;)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2018, 07:55:46 PM »
"As you are aware we have incurred a large cost for my visa for the UK.  This has placed us under financial strain.  Can you let me know what date to expect the balance for the car?"

I'm in the same boat, I may have to take a friend to small claims court when I'm back. But I'm basically going to ask one more time, if they don't pay, then I'll figure out how the claim would work. I can blame Trump/Congress because the new tax law delayed refunds for a ton of people and really screwed up budgets for lower income folks. It took > 3 months for one friend when it's usually 1 month max. (go figure, it took less than a week for mine)

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 08:49:51 PM »

Haha! I did try to hint this to them when they asked me how i was. I said we’re tight on cash since i resigned last Dec and now relying only on husband’s income. They’re also well aware of the cost of the 2nd application because I complained a lot about it during our family Sunday lunches. I think it’s because they assume I don’t really have any major expenses since I’m living with our grandparents (rent free, only have to pay for our food......) *sigh*

In Catholic school i remember one catechism teacher tell us that we should only lend money we are willing to part with because there is a possibility it will never come back. It’s so unfair but also, i wouldn’t want to taint our relationship because of a debt owed.

#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)

• Liked: 585
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 07:37:37 AM »

In Catholic school i remember one catechism teacher tell us that we should only lend money we are willing to part with because there is a possibility it will never come back. It’s so unfair but also, i wouldn’t want to taint our relationship because of a debt owed.

Judge Judy says the same thing.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 09:57:47 AM »
When my father retired from the military and my family moved home from overseas, we sold our car to a local airman.  He paid half up front and was to make payments on the remainder... we never saw it.  Never ever do casual credit!

We actually have a written contract, so if we wanted to go to the hassle of figuring out how to go to small claims court via the USA.... At least she can take it off her taxes (I think) as a loss.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »
Judge Judy says the same thing.
As well as "Never Co-sign for a car loan".  Worth her weight in gold. 

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 12:35:37 AM »
I believe that kbb.com has a section where dealers will make an offer on your vehicle.  don't remember the particulars, but when I checked it out I kept on getting calls and emails from car dealers looking to purchase my vehicle.

Sponsored Links