Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR  (Read 587 times)

• Liked: 7
ILR
« on: May 02, 2018, 12:05:45 AM »
My 2nd FLR expures in August. Can you do in person interview for ILR and get a decision right then?  Do you have to send your passport in or be without it at all?
24 April 13 - Married
29 April 13 - overnight Spouse Visa app. to NYC

• Liked: 6115
Re: ILR
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:38:32 AM »
My 2nd FLR expures in August. Can you do in person interview for ILR and get a decision right then?  Do you have to send your passport in or be without it at all?

Providing you have spent sufficient time on your spouse visa and FLR, you can apply in person before your visa expires and get a same day decision. It is not an interview though, you literally just hand your documents over instead of mailing them.  :)

You can apply from 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your entry to the UK.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »
Providing you have spent sufficient time on your spouse visa and FLR, you can apply in person before your visa expires and get a same day decision. It is not an interview though, you literally just hand your documents over instead of mailing them.  :)

You can apply from 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your entry to the UK.

Thank You!   I saw on fb someone saying it can take up to 6 months to get your passport back and I panicked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
24 April 13 - Married
29 April 13 - overnight Spouse Visa app. to NYC

• Liked: 3598
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 07:36:36 AM »
  I saw on fb someone saying it can take up to 6 months to get your passport back and I panicked!

It can potentially take that long... their service standards time for processing ILR postal applications is 6 months, though it does depend on how busy they are at the time you apply. I think someone here applied by post a few months ago and it was a fair bit less than 6 months.

If you apply in person, you get the decision the same day (and all your documents back) and then your BRP card is sent in the mail within 10 days, though most people seem to get it in about 4 days.

It does cost an extra £610 to apply in person though, on top of the £2,389 application fee, and the appointments are released 42 days in advance... they can book up quickly, so you'll want to plan ahead, check availability and give yourself plenty of time to book it :).

One thing to be aware of though, is that if you have a non-straightforward application (any previous refused visas or entries to the UK, or any criminal convictions), you can't apply in person, because they will need to spend more time looking at the application, which means they can't make a same-day decision.

See here for more information about applying in person:
https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service-centres

And the ILR application form and guidance is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-settle-in-the-uk-form-setm

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
It can potentially take that long... their service standards time for processing ILR postal applications is 6 months, though it does depend on how busy they are at the time you apply. I think someone here applied by post a few months ago and it was a fair bit less than 6 months.

Maryam posted her ILR application on October 16, 2017, and received her approval on December 22, 2017, so about 10 weeks.  But the New Rules applicants are going to be increasing in number now that we're coming eligible, so the processing times might slow.  Most people have gone in person, and MrsRandall never posted back with her result (that I saw), so I don't have any figures besides Maryam's. 
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab