Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Greetings from a potential citizen/resident  (Read 7700 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Greetings from a potential citizen/resident
« Reply #105 on: May 28, 2018, 12:05:19 PM »
There is nothing to stop an English resident from using the Embassy in Scotland though so it's good to know.  :)

Fair enough. Might be easier for the people further up north as well :)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #106 on: May 28, 2018, 01:35:04 PM »
Fair enough. Might be easier for the people further up north as well :)

That's a great profile pic KOD!  :).

« Reply #107 on: May 28, 2018, 01:49:06 PM »
That's a great profile pic KOD!  :).

Haha thanks larrabee. Lyonaria inspired me to update lol I almost put a photo of me in Windsor for the wedding all union jacked’ up hah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**EDIT** : Changing my photo because the union jack just seemed more topical haha
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:41:23 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
Unfortunately you can pretty much only apply online for a passport renewal.Thankfully my mom sorted me out with a banker's draft from my US bank account and sent it priority mail to me. Not sure how other's did it. From the link posted above:

"Please note:  There is no walk-in service for United States citizens who require a service related to passports, citizenship or birth registration.  These services are by appointment only."

And I may be incorrect, but I believe those appointments are reserved for emergency situations only but it's a bit confusing as I've seen conflicting information (I'm sure somebody else may be able to confirm or deny that :)

Do you have a link to being able to apply online?

All I was able to find was a link that helps you to create a .pdf, which you have to print and then mail to the embassy, not an actual online application.

Greetings from a potential citizen/resident
« Reply #109 on: May 28, 2018, 04:42:58 PM »
Do you have a link to being able to apply online?

All I was able to find was a link that helps you to create a .pdf, which you have to print and then mail to the embassy, not an actual online application.

Ahh right, misunderstood. You fill out the PDF online and print vs submitting digitally (can only do it once I think as somebody had an issue with making a typo recently and wasn’t sure what to do as you’re only meant to fill it out once) and then you book the courier to come pick up the documents to transport them to the embassy. You’re technically applying online, you just don’t submit it document online, it goes with your passport when the courier collects. It’s not too bad actually barring the payment method issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 05:04:49 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »
Things are moving forward.   Kinda...

I applied for a copy of my father's birth certificate, as well as his and my mother's marriage certificate, with the GRO back on May 5th.

Today I received two copies of my father's birth certificate, but have not yet received their marriage certificate.  I am a bit surprised that they weren't in the same envelope, as they were both part of one order.  But hopefully I receive it in the next few days, so I can go ahead and apply for my UK Passport.

I was also a bit surprised that the birth certificate appeared to have images from an original hand entry of some sort on it, instead of retyped or a computerized printout of the information.   The handwriting was a bit hard to decipher, and I still am not sure about all of it.

From what I can gather, my father was born at 26 Poplar Grove, which I believe is/was Stepping Hill Hospital in Manchester, and his father lived or worked at 2 Dundonald Street.  I really can't make out the information about my grandfather's employment, even zooming in on the picture.

Oh well, it is more than I had known about.

« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2018, 05:36:35 PM »
Well it took a lot less time than I had expected, my UK passport arrived today!

« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2018, 06:10:29 PM »
Congrats :) Have you decided whether or not you're going to make the move as of yet?
My, how time flies....

« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2018, 07:20:39 PM »
Congrats :) Have you decided whether or not you're going to make the move as of yet?

no idea yet.  i am trying to figure out the costs/taxes/etc, and i have to get through the divorce first.  i’d still have some “itens” i’d have to get rid of as well.

but i now have more options!  😀

Sponsored Links