Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: US Bank Account Paid Into  (Read 684 times)

• Liked: 0
US Bank Account Paid Into
« on: May 11, 2018, 07:03:22 PM »
Brand new to the UK.  I'm an Irish-US dual national, so legally I'm here on my Irish passport.  Just got hired at a fast food place.  Company policy requires a bank account. They didn't specify what nationality do I said yeah I have one, but of course it's the US one.  I'm a joint owner and my wife is still back in the States using it.  I start Monday but the bank couldn't get me in for an appointment until Wednesday.  Boss said to bring my bank info.

Will I run into any issues?  What info would I likely need to bring for my US account?  I am going to open up a British bank account, I just dont have one yet. I'm so fresh off the plane.

• Liked: 957
Re: US Bank Account Paid Into
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »
Brand new to the UK.  I'm an Irish-US dual national, so legally I'm here on my Irish passport.  Just got hired at a fast food place.  Company policy requires a bank account. They didn't specify what nationality do I said yeah I have one, but of course it's the US one.  I'm a joint owner and my wife is still back in the States using it.  I start Monday but the bank couldn't get me in for an appointment until Wednesday.  Boss said to bring my bank info.

Will I run into any issues?  What info would I likely need to bring for my US account?  I am going to open up a British bank account, I just dont have one yet. I'm so fresh off the plane.
I think only the employer could answer that honestly, but maybe someone else here has been through this. I don't think they could do direct deposit into a US account and you'd get hit with conversion fees. Do you have any acceptable mail that shows you're residing in the UK to set up an account here? (ie - bank statement for US account, utility bill, council tax)

• Liked: 4985
Re: US Bank Account Paid Into
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:14:14 PM »
I’d try to walk in somewhere tomorrow or talk to the new employer.

They’ll need your sort code and account number which don’t translate to USA accounts.  It’s extortionately expensive software they need to have payroll go to your USA account. 

Are they asking for a National Insurance number as well?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab