Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Has anyone brought their G pig to UK ?  (Read 1377 times)

• Liked: 16
Has anyone brought their G pig to UK ?
« on: May 30, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »

Hi everyone

I have a g pig to bring to UK once I get my visa. Has anyone here has brought their g pig or rabbits to UK ?

UK seems really strict about bringing rodents as it has to be quarantined for 3 months asa it lands.
I am not allowed to bring him in to the flight with me so I am worried that if he will make several hours flight to UK in the cargo.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Has anyone brought their G pig to UK ?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »
Hi everyone

I have a g pig to bring to UK once I get my visa. Has anyone here has brought their g pig or rabbits to UK ?

UK seems really strict about bringing rodents as it has to be quarantined for 3 months asa it lands.
I am not allowed to bring him in to the flight with me so I am worried that if he will make several hours flight to UK in the cargo.

I'm not sure if anyone has thought about bringing a guinea pig but I remember someone not too long ago deciding that it would be too much to put their much loved rabbit through so after giving it a great deal of thought, they found a new home for it with family. I don't remember the age of that animal though.
Have you spoken with your vet yet?

• Liked: 16
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »

I think I will speak to my vet first but I can't find any reliable person to adopt Smith and love him as much as I do at this point...

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:27:25 PM »
I think I will speak to my vet first but I can't find any reliable person to adopt Smith and love him as much as I do at this point...

Yeah, that's really the first thing that you should do.  :) If the vet says Smith (brilliant name by the way!) is fit to travel then you can take it from there.
I wonder if you could pick the brains of some of those pet relocation companies? Not use them necessarily but you might be able to learn a lot by just getting in touch.
I'd also call the pet reception centre at the airport you'll be arriving in to. They should also be able to give you some first hand experiences.
Good luck!  :)

• Liked: 672
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:25 PM »
https://www.gov.uk/bringing-food-animals-plants-into-uk

Assuming you're coming in from the USA, it's four months' in the slammer for poor little Smith, plus a rabies license. A long, frightening flight, four months away from you in a strange (and expensive) place... it's hard to leave a pet behind, especially when you are really attached to them. But sometimes it's a kindness to rehome them rather than put them through a half-way-around-the-world move.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab