Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Would you stay?  (Read 1648 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Would you stay?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
I gotta ask.

Would you guys stay at a job where the owner has said some dodgy things (poor people can't manage their money, every employee will go lame on you, says Donald trump is a great business mentor)
Pays you well.
You like the people.
Office is great.
Owner is a bit of a prat, yells at people. Is a bit demanding. And by that you over demanding.

You thought you were hired for one role, but they had you doing something completely different until you complained because you ended up in a new depressive episode.

They finally agreed to change it after 3 months. They then  extended my probation period a further 3 months.

The owner's 22 year old son is my boss and told me last week that I hadn't been given any new projects because 'all the things going on with me.'

They hired a new person who is doing the role I said they needed and put myself forward to do. (He was hired after I suggested it as my boss and his dad were on vacation for a month prior...)
Oh, and this new person is the same age as my boss... And has NO marketing experience or a degree in anything related to marketing or advertising... yet he is managing their content... and calls himself a marketing manager on LinkedIn. *Facepalm*

If the only reason I was staying was because I liked the people and the pay was decent, I would definitely be moving on. I don't even mind the guy's own personal shitty views per se in that I could overlook that and continue working there as it wouldn't do more than piss me off *when* he made those comments, but when it bleeds down into my job (I.E. not going to give you work because of "what's going on with you"), I'd be all set. I would look for a new job and keep it hush-hush until you have one, then dump these dudes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 03:41:12 PM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1327
Re: Would you stay?
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
If the only reason I was staying is because you like the people and the pay is decent, I would definitely be moving on. I don't even mind the guy's own personal shitty views per se in that I could overlook that and continue working there as it wouldn't do more than piss me off *when* he made those comments, but when it bleeds down into my job (I.E. not going to give you work because of "what's going on with you"), I'd be all set. I would look for a new job and keep it hush-hush until you have one, then dump these dudes.

I completely agree.  Don't let them determine your career.  Be proactive and get out of there on 'good' terms.  Don't just move on, move up.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab