Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to Receive Text Messages from Wells Fargo without USA Phone number  (Read 7360 times)

• Liked: 13
I have personal and business accounts with Wells Fargo in the US and they require text messages to verify my identity for wire transfers. However, they don't accept international phone numbers and I don't have a USA phone making it impossible for me to send wire transfers - I need to do this for my business.

Does anyone know or recommend a reliable, secure online service to receive text messages?

(I have a USA phone number with Skype, which forwards to my UK number but it doesn't accept text messages.)

Thank you in advance!

• Liked: 6110
I have personal and business accounts with Wells Fargo in the US and they require text messages to verify my identity for wire transfers. However, they don't accept international phone numbers and I don't have a USA phone making it impossible for me to send wire transfers - I need to do this for my business.

Does anyone know or recommend a reliable, secure online service to receive text messages?

(I have a USA phone number with Skype, which forwards to my UK number but it doesn't accept text messages.)

Thank you in advance!

Ask them if an RSA SecurID Device would work instead of the text. It's designed to work abroad and for transactions where extra security is needed.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/biz/online-banking/securid/

Thank you for the suggestion Larrabee! I'll look into this when I speak to them today.

• Liked: 674
You can set up an account with Callcentric.com and get a USA phone number. They are now able to send and receive texts on your phone - inside the USA. If you are outside the USA, you'd have to log in to Callcentric's dashboard on your computer (or however you access the Internat), and could send and receive SMS messages there.

I pay about $2.95 a month to have the number, and can set it to forward to my UK number or voicemail, as I choose. If it goes to voicemail, I have it set to send me an email to let me know. They say they are working on getting international SMS messages, but that service is not yet available.

Have had this company for years, never had a problem with them. Hope this helps!

That sounds perfect, thank you Nan!

• Liked: 957
I have a Google voice number not tied to my phone, so it can receive texts and voicemail but not make/answer calls. Kinda annoying but works for 2 factor authentication!

Sponsored Links