Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello (again?)  (Read 785 times)

Hello (again?)
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
Hello all,

I thought I should re-introduce myself, as it's been a long time since we relocated from the US to the UK, but I find myself in a situation where I hope the collected wisdom here may help. (And perhaps I can share things I've learned over the years?)

We moved from Boston to London in 2010, for what was supposed to be a 1-2 year stay. Eight years later, we're still here, are now UK citizens, and my 3-year-old is getting ready to start secondary school in the autumn! We've made this country our home and we love it here, despite the bumps that come up along the way.

Once upon a time eight years ago, this forum was a great resource for relocating and getting settled. I didn't post much (if at all) but I really appreciated those who did. I owe you all a very belated thank you.

So hello again... Thanks for last time... and I hope you might have some knowledge to share with me in a bit when I post over in moving issues!

JacksMum

• Liked: 4985
Re: Hello (again?)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:06:23 PM »
Welcome back!

My little girl is also starting reception in September.  It's a bit daunting, isn't it?!? 

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 12:13:22 PM »
Hi Jacksmum!  :)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
Hi KFdancer! Oh they're so small at reception! I love that age. Everything is new and fascinating and school is a big adventure! Best of luck to all of you this autumn!

When my son was 4 (7 yrs ago) we thought we were still going back to Boston, and I didn't enroll him in reception. I thought we'd move back and I would just register him for kindergarten when he was 5. Naturally several months later we ended up not moving back and I did the mad-dash school hunt, trying to get him in for at least half a year of reception. But as most things do, it worked out. Still can't believe he's finishing year 6 next week!!

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »
Hello there larrabee!

Sponsored Links