Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Missing my family and friends right now  (Read 3974 times)

• Liked: 537
Missing my family and friends right now
« on: July 01, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »
I've been waking up stupid early ever since I started taking my anti-depressants at the end of April.

And I really want to go shipping with my mom or one of my friends today. *sigh*

I'm looking at some new purses (handbags) and I really want someone's opinion who knows my sense of style and taste as my husband really doesn't care. But no one back in the states is awake yet. *sigh*

I am sad.

I also REALLY want spaghetti-o's.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
Re: Missing my family and friends right now
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »

I've been waking up stupid early ever since I started taking my anti-depressants at the end of April.

I'm looking at some new purses (handbags) and I really want someone's opinion who knows my sense of style and taste as my husband really doesn't care. But no one back in the states is awake yet. *sigh*

I am sad.

I know this feeling, wanting to go shopping with someone who just gets your style. It's really hard to make friends over here and it definitely isn't the same as someone you've known for years. I hope your day got better

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 05:16:36 PM »

I am sad.

I miss impromptu coffee trips even on the evening after work or for somebody to come out shopping with at a last minutes notice and give their opinions (like when shopping for something specific). Can totally relate to this! I have my husband who’s opinion I trust but he doesn’t necessarily want to have to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 05:23:23 PM »
Shame you aren’t me Lyonaria, my BFF vomited spaghetti o’s on me as a kid and I’ve never eaten them again since.   ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
I hope you had a lovely day anyway.   [smiley=daisy.gif]   Do you have a visit to look forward to?

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »

I know this feeling, wanting to go shopping with someone who just gets your style. It's really hard to make friends over here and it definitely isn't the same as someone you've known for years. I hope your day got better

He's perfectly happy to go shopping with me, but when I'm looking online like I have been today he just isn't interested. He said I don't pay attention to his opinions as there is an awesome bag I like but it has short handles. He likes it too but doesn't appreciate that as much as I like how it looks I wouldn't buy it because I have to carry it rather than wear it on my shoulder.

It was fine. My lovely friends and family haven't responded to any WhatsApp and Facebook messenger messaged. *Sigh*

Shame you aren’t me Lyonaria, my BFF vomited spaghetti o’s on me as a kid and I’ve never eaten them again since.   ;D

Haha. I think I've thrown up spaghetti-os myself...

I hope you had a lovely day anyway.   [smiley=daisy.gif]   Do you have a visit to look forward to?

Nope. Not at the moment we're saving for my ILR visa this year.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 07:09:51 PM »

Aww, Lyonaria, come on down to Twickenham and I'll vomit spaghetti o’s on you if it makes you feel better!

Hope you feel better soon though.  Why not take pictures of some handbags and post them here for comment?  Can't be any worse than cats. 

• Liked: 957
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »

Hope you feel better soon though.  Why not take pictures of some handbags and post them here for comment?  Can't be any worse than cats.

I recommend adding dogs to those photos as well, just for some balance ;)

• Liked: 584
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »
Heinz Spaghetti Hoops no use?
I'm partial to a tin of Heinz Spag Bol, myself...tarted up wi cheese melted in!

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2018, 09:14:43 PM »
Heinz Spaghetti Hoops no use?
I'm partial to a tin of Heinz Spag Bol, myself...tarted up wi cheese melted in!

Absolutely not. The taste isn't right... And the pasta texture is a bit yucky. Haha. I tried them with such hope. 🤣

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
Aww, Lyonaria, come on down to Twickenham and I'll vomit spaghetti o’s on you if it makes you feel better!

Haha, thanks for the offer... My husband might find that a little bit strange.

"I'm off to London honey so a man I've not met in person can vomit spaghetti-os on me. Don't wait up."

I can just see his face. He would be so confused.

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 09:18:05 PM »

I recommend adding dogs to those photos as well, just for some balance ;)

I've got some really great shots of my two last weekend. I just need to get them off my camera and onto somewhere In can share them.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab