Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Renters would get longer tenancies under government plans  (Read 4764 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: Renters would get longer tenancies under government plans
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2018, 02:47:58 PM »
Tenants are hard to come by in that area because it’s such a remote place. My husband’s grandmother fell in love with the place while biking around the area one day and stumbled upon the property. She then persuaded her husband that this was where she wanted to retire. It’s the kind of place you’d go to be alone and isolated from the rest of the world. I’d have to say though that the tenants did a great job keeping the gardens beautiful. We do think the tenants thought they would somehow get to keep the property after grandmother passed away because they assumed all of the family was in the States anyway. What they didn’t know was that the title has actually been changed to my husband’s mother and she does plan on keeping the property to retire there someday too. Most especially now that we moved and they have a grandchild here. We are not 100% sure if grandmother was told of the changes beforehand and has just forgotten due to her age. But she genuinely seemed shocked and a bit angered when my husband told her about how the place has changed since he last remembered it. In-laws are close to retiring age now, give or take 5 years. So I hope we can figure out how to resolve this without too much conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 02:49:49 PM »
You're lucky with your girl!  :) I grew up with dogs and admittedly it took me a while (years honestly) to convert to cats but now I don't think I'd ever go back! Wet dog is something I don't miss, especially after they've found something dead on the beach to roll in, that smell never seems to go away!   ;D

Literally I'm not joking when I say she sheds like a motherfather. I brushed her two days in a row for a minimum of 10 minutes each and still managed to create a miniature dog with the fur. What she lacks in the smell department she more than makes up for with tumbleweeds of hair even after I've just vacuumed. I ALWAYS have a lint roller available and even all the prep we do doesn't seem to help as it's just a hairy nightmare LOL. But I would take hair over smelling the smell of wet dog /dog BO on a daily basis - even if you become nose blind. NO THANKS.

My inlaws insist their dogs don't smell....   ::)  They do. 

They are definitely nose blind! LOL my in-laws don't notice their dog's smells EVER. But to me, I can't see how they could miss it!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2018, 02:56:36 PM »
Literally I'm not joking when I say she sheds like a motherfather. I brushed her two days in a row for a minimum of 10 minutes each and still managed to create a miniature dog with the fur. What she lacks in the smell department she more than makes up for with tumbleweeds of hair even after I've just vacuumed. I ALWAYS have a lint roller available and even all the prep we do doesn't seem to help as it's just a hairy nightmare LOL. But I would take hair over smelling the smell of wet dog /dog BO on a daily basis - even if you become nose blind. NO THANKS.

What do you use? Have you tried Furminator?   :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »
What do you use? Have you tried Furminator?   :)

Firstly, I love that name. Secondly, I hadn't been using something similar to that until VERY recently. Tried a rake-style brush at my in-laws house 3 or so weeks back and it helped get all the dead hear out SO well! It was actually therapeutic. LOVED IT. Decided I needed to get that style brush ASAP and ended up prime-ing one a week later. It does work pretty well I think it was just a build up of using a crappy brush timed with it being the time of year she blows her winter coat out.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links