Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa: Traveling abroad for work and holiday.  (Read 568 times)

• Liked: 2
Spouse Visa: Traveling abroad for work and holiday.
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:38:17 AM »
Hello everyone.

I currently hold a Residence Permit with the UK Spouse Visa (5 Year route) and I plan to travel outside of the UK for both work and holiday.

For work : I am a musician involved in a touring group (based in Birmingham, UK) that will be touring in Spain and Germany for 20+ days at a time.
For holiday : I will be visiting family in Spain and USA for no longer than 2 weeks at a time.

I have heard rumors of a '90 Day allowance' of being outside the UK in a calendar year, however I need some clarification on the matter. Thank you for your help!

-C

• Liked: 3595
Spouse Visa: Traveling abroad for work and holiday.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:38:44 PM »
There is no allowance outside the U.K. for a spousal visa. Some visas have a maximum of 180 days outside the U.K. per year, but that’s mainly work visas.

The only requirements for a spousal visa are:
- the U.K. is your main home
- you and your spouse have lived TOGETHER for the entire time... either in the UK or outside the U.K.

So in theory you and your spouse could go and live together in another country for a few months without it affecting your spousal visa.

It’s only U.K. citizenship that has a limit on days outside the UK, and that only applies to the final 3 years before applying (the days you left and returned do not count):
- no more than 270 days (9 months) outside the U.K. in the final 3 years
- no more than 90 of those days can be in the final 12 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 2
Re: Spouse Visa: Traveling abroad for work and holiday.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:16:58 PM »
Thank you very much! That clears up the confusion we had regarding our travel and work.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab