Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Doors!!!  (Read 900 times)

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
Doors!!!
« on: July 10, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
Ok, I do love the way a lot of things work here, but they need to to grips with glass doors on shop and handles on the wrong bloody side!! ::)
When I b*tch to others here ( i know its a small thing) about how glass doors have a push bar across them for well...Pushing! and a pull handle for you know...Pulling!, they look at me like I have 2 heads. Plus the advantage of a push bar all the way across the middle of the glass so you don't accidentally try to walk through them! Ok, rant over ! ;D

• Liked: 533
Re: Doors!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
This guru guy wrote a design book because of this:

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »
I actually saw a pull handle on a door today that had a push sticker on it  ;D

• Liked: 674
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »
What annoys me - and this may be unique to our flat - is that they've got the doors opening inward to swing wide into the room when the doors are right next to the perpendicular interior wall. That is, instead of the door opening to swing back 90 degrees onto the wall that is immediately on the right as you go into a room, they have the hinges on the other side so the doors make a big 180 degree sweep to the left and, thus, you can't put large furniture/beds on the same wall as the door is in. (If that makes sense.) Wastes quite a lot of floor space in our place. They've done every single door that way, except the front door.

Why on earth?   ???

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 09:13:16 AM »
We have a spot where three doors are in close proximity. It is like a logic puzzle to put a jacket away.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 957
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »
The doors make so little sense here.

In our flat they made all of the built in wardrobes 5cm more narrow than standard. Who thinks to measure the width of a giant closet that appears standard before moving in? None of our hangars fit, the only ones that do are cheap wire.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 02:00:50 PM »
The doors here drive me crazy! The main door to our apartment building has this weird twist and pull tab thing instead of a doorknob or handle, I can't even describe it and I can't find it online. So from the inside you have to twist it with two fingers since it is so small (about two inches long and half an inch wide maybe? it is shaped for a finger to wrap around the top and the bottom) and pull inwards hard at the same time. To open it from the outside you need to stick your key in and twist to the right while pushing hard, because it's a very heavy door. It's very awkward and inconvenient and I just don't get it. 

Doors that require the key to be in the lock to open them from the inside really freak me out. My mother in-laws front door won't open from the inside without the key in the lock, and if the key is left in you can't unlock the door from the outside. All of the windows are small and only open slightly sideways, what if there was a fire?! My husband scoffs at me about my obsession with the doors here but it really grinds my gears.
Applied from: USA
Submitted online application (priority, fiance): 12/21/2017
Biometrics appointment: 12/26/2017
Package mailed to Sheffield: 12/27/2017
Received in Sheffield: 12/29/2017
"Decision made" e-mail received: 1/8/2018
Documents returned: 1/10/2018 - Approved!

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »
Doors that require the key to be in the lock to open them from the inside really freak me out.

I don't like them!!

Moreover, they make them with big slots so anybody can cram junk mail into the hallway.

Sponsored Links