Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NEED A CARGO AGENT URGENTLY  (Read 2101 times)

• Liked: 4
NEED A CARGO AGENT URGENTLY
« on: July 20, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »
Hi, we have all out veterinary certificates and USDA APHIS approvals and AVID chip reader ready to fly our cat on 26th July to Heathrow. My wife has to be back in the UK for 22nd July to meet the 30 day visa deadline. I have just discovered at the point of payment that BAs policy is that I must drop the cat off in person (not possible). Can anyone recommend a carrier that doesn't have such a daft policy? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
Re: NEED A CARGO AGENT URGENTLY
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 10:24:06 PM »
Hi, we have all out veterinary certificates and USDA APHIS approvals and AVID chip reader ready to fly our cat on 26th July to Heathrow. My wife has to be back in the UK for 22nd July to meet the 30 day visa deadline. I have just discovered at the point of payment that BAs policy is that I must drop the cat off in person (not possible). Can anyone recommend a carrier that doesn't have such a daft policy? Thanks in advance.

Who will be dropping the cat off?

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:48:47 AM »
My brother in law...my wife owns the cat, they are currently resident at the same address

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »

Are you looking for another airline or a pet relocation company?

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 03:02:03 AM »
An airline... at present that allows someone other than the owner to drop off unless we have no choice than to go with a replication company...we've already done all the work, he just needs flying into Heathrow within the 10 day timeframe i.e. before 7/26/18

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 03:11:26 AM »
An airline... at present that allows someone other than the owner to drop off unless we have no choice than to go with a replication company...we've already done all the work, he just needs flying into Heathrow within the 10 day timeframe i.e. before 7/26/18

Here is some information from United and Virgin. Perhaps you could take a look then call them to clarify?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/animals/petsafe.html

https://www.virginatlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/special-flight-requirements/flying-with-pets.html

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 03:29:43 AM »
Hi, yes tried them...Virgin don't ship pets from Chicago and United are only recommencing taking bookings for unaccompanied pets from 16th July for flights after 30th July, this would miss his 10 day window by 3 days.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 03:54:28 AM »
Hi, yes tried them...Virgin don't ship pets from Chicago and United are only recommencing taking bookings for unaccompanied pets from 16th July for flights after 30th July, this would miss his 10 day window by 3 days.

Where is the closest place that Virgin do ship pets from? Could BIL get the cat to there ?

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 03:59:54 AM »
Altlanta 🤣sorry, if I don't laugh I'll cry

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 04:04:27 AM »
Can BIL get the cat to Atlanta?

Or as a last resort, your wife could fly to the UK, pick up her BRP then fly back to the US to accompany the cat.

Sponsored Links