Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Melancholy feeling  (Read 3664 times)

• Liked: 2
Melancholy feeling
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:08:05 AM »
Hello there,

Feeling melancholy again as we are three days away from going home to America after a weeks visit to see my husband. 

We will be applying for a spouse visa in October, and we would have applied sooner but didn’t have all the documents we needed so we decided to get the best chance we need to be 100% sure we’ve got all our ducks in a row. 

How do you or did you all cope with being apart again?  I really don’t like this feeling especially because we have a 5 yr old daughter who miss her dad.
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

• Liked: 250
Re: Melancholy feeling
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 03:36:29 AM »
Hello there,

Feeling melancholy again as we are three days away from going home to America after a weeks visit to see my husband. 

We will be applying for a spouse visa in October, and we would have applied sooner but didn’t have all the documents we needed so we decided to get the best chance we need to be 100% sure we’ve got all our ducks in a row. 

How do you or did you all cope with being apart again?  I really don’t like this feeling especially because we have a 5 yr old daughter who miss her dad.

I can't relate completely, as me and my husband have no children. I am very sorry that you and your child miss him!
We've been in a long distance relationship for nearly three years now. The worst thing for me is hearing others say, "oh you must be used to it by now!" NO! We certainly are not. There are good days and bad days. All of this "waiting for the visa" anxiety has made me really stressed and grumpy and I've found myself snapping at him a bit more than usual. If we were together I'd be so much happier, and most people don't understand that. It's a high, then a very -low- low after coming back home. I remember every single time I came back after a trip to England I felt so out of place, lonely, angry, snippy and moody. It takes me weeks to get back to normal. It takes him weeks to get back to normal too. Everytime we see eachother it's a literal adventure, and then you get home and it's just....back to your job and daily life.

You aren't alone in this feeling. I was married to my husband for two days before he had to fly back home and I began the application process.

Good luck with yours!
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab