Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello! (Again!)  (Read 821 times)

• Liked: 68
Hello! (Again!)
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:29:56 AM »
It's been a while since I have been back on UK Yankee, so I thought I would come back and say hello as there are a lot of new names (and obviously, a brand new look!)

My visa is up for renewal (my first time renewing), as is my passport (also have a lot of questions surrounding that), and my dad isn't very well back home, so I imagine I will be back here a lot with several questions for you all - eek! Apologies in advance!

But anyways, hello again to all! Looking forward to being back in touch with my fellow Americans after a crazy, crazy year.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hello! (Again!)
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:45:45 AM »
It's been a while since I have been back on UK Yankee, so I thought I would come back and say hello as there are a lot of new names (and obviously, a brand new look!)

My visa is up for renewal (my first time renewing), as is my passport (also have a lot of questions surrounding that), and my dad isn't very well back home, so I imagine I will be back here a lot with several questions for you all - eek! Apologies in advance!

But anyways, hello again to all! Looking forward to being back in touch with my fellow Americans after a crazy, crazy year.

Sorry to hear about dad but we'll get you sorted with all your visa questions so that'll be one less thing to worry about!

Welcome back!  :)

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 07:52:06 AM »
Sorry to hear about dad but we'll get you sorted with all your visa questions so that'll be one less thing to worry about!

Welcome back!  :)

Thanks larrabee! I imagine I will be just fine with the renewal as everything went just fine with my Fiancee and first spouse visa, but it's still stressful putting everything together. I just wish I could get it done now because it's at an awkward time with my dad suddenly being unwell, and I really need to get back home when I can. Typical!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:51:00 AM »
Welcome back!

Sorry to hear about your dad. Aside from the visa/passport advice, if there's anything else you need don't be afraid to ask!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 09:12:23 AM »
Hi again!

I am really sorry to hear about your dad.  It's such a helpless feeling to have all these immigration concerns looming over you when you feel the need to be there with family.  As the others have said, we'll guide you through the passport and visa side of things to reduce that stress.

If you need to vent about needing to be there for your dad,  or other frustrations, most of us have been through those sorts of emotional ordeals, too, and you'd be venting to an understanding audience here.  Let us know if you ever need to "talk".
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 09:47:34 AM »
Thank you all :) 
I am so glad to have a place where people understand!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 10:32:06 AM »
Welcome back Bri!  You are my fellow Clearwater-ian, aren't you?

Sorry to hear about your dad.   :-\\\\  Hugs!

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 01:41:17 PM »
Welcome back Bri!  You are my fellow Clearwater-ian, aren't you?

Sorry to hear about your dad.   :-\\\\  Hugs!

Yes, that's me :)

And thank you.

Sponsored Links