Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How to sign up for global access (US citizen)  (Read 1311 times)

• Liked: 0
How to sign up for global access (US citizen)
« on: August 13, 2018, 01:50:48 PM »
Hi,
After spending 1.5 hrs in line waiting for my turn in customs last July, I'm fed up and want to do the global access thing. Has anyone done this? I believe it's called Smart Entry Service for US Citizens, but the only page I can find references having an interview in Korea??  ??? ???
Immigrated July 24th.

• Liked: 957
Re: How to sign up for global access (US citizen)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:07:40 PM »
Hi,
After spending 1.5 hrs in line waiting for my turn in customs last July, I'm fed up and want to do the global access thing. Has anyone done this? I believe it's called Smart Entry Service for US Citizens, but the only page I can find references having an interview in Korea??  ??? ???
This is the site from the government with the application link... https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry

I haven't gone through it but I would start there :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:09:02 PM »
I looked years ago when I was going in and out of the USA a lot, I think you can only interview in the USA/Canada which put me off. It may have changed. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 716
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »
I looked years ago when I was going in and out of the USA a lot, I think you can only interview in the USA/Canada which put me off. It may have changed.

We signed up for this while living in the USA and arranged an appointment at an airport on a day we were traveling. This might work. I’m not sure if we need another interview when our existing Global Entry card runs out in a couple of years.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:52 PM »
Quite annoying, as the London US embassy is listed for interviews, but no interviews available. It's either that or Qatar? I give up. I might see if I can schedule an interview on my way out this xmas I guess. Quite annoying, considering I'm a US citizen.
Immigrated July 24th.

• Liked: 716
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 08:56:52 PM »
Quite annoying, as the London US embassy is listed for interviews, but no interviews available. It's either that or Qatar? I give up. I might see if I can schedule an interview on my way out this xmas I guess. Quite annoying, considering I'm a US citizen.

That is really annoying, are they really under that much demand I wonder?
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 02:51:39 AM »
Hi kmw5,

If you haven't already paid for your Global Entry application, and still have a US address, there are a few travel credit cards you can sign up for that will give you a nice travel points bonus and reimburse you for your Global Entry application fee. That's how I paid for my GE and my mom's.

The interview is quick and easy and the CBP officials are super nice.

As for demand, there was no one waiting when I went for my interview last year, but the appointments on either side of my mom's interview this summer were taken. We also had to schedule my mom's appointment further in advance than I had to schedule mine. I think it's becoming more popular. It's definitely been worth it for me. It also means I don't have to get a Real ID drivers's license. :)

• Moving to London area late 2019 - early 2020
    • Our band - Ockham's Razor
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:22:52 AM »
I did mine through work so I'm sure my experience was different then most peoples however I will say, having it this last time we went over made returning SO MUCH EASIER. My husband, who is a British citizen living in the US, got hassled a LOT from the US side the last 2 times we went over and came back. He was fuming the 2nd time. So I got this to make the reentry easier. And it was. We were a little confused on what to do the first time so it took us a little longer then it should but it was quite literally walk up to a kiosk, scan your finger prints and passport and you are done. Under 30 seconds and we were back in the country. WELL worth the money plus it includes TSA Pre-Check. haha

Hopefully you'll be able to find somewhere that does it. You may want to look into this as well: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry/enrollment-arrival

Sponsored Links