Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Post for NIN/bank account/FLR(M)  (Read 1287 times)

• Liked: 85
Post for NIN/bank account/FLR(M)
« on: September 07, 2018, 09:20:53 AM »
I'm wondering if my electricity bill fits the standards for original post. It's a paperless company (I know - not ideal for visas but we're on a budget!) and I get all bills electronically. I know for FLR(M) they want post sent by mail and this may be a dumb question, but how would they know my print out of a bill isn't original? Or am I wrong and would it be considered original?

Also, would a print out suffice for my NIN and a bank account? And why is it so hard to get original post in this country?!  [smiley=bigcry.gif] I feel like it's a giant catch-22 of me needing an NIN to get on a bill, but can't get an NIN without post, and can't get a GP without post, and can't get a bank account... you get it.
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 6110
Re: Post for NIN/bank account/FLR(M)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »
I'm wondering if my electricity bill fits the standards for original post. It's a paperless company (I know - not ideal for visas but we're on a budget!) and I get all bills electronically. I know for FLR(M) they want post sent by mail and this may be a dumb question, but how would they know my print out of a bill isn't original? Or am I wrong and would it be considered original?

Also, would a print out suffice for my NIN and a bank account? And why is it so hard to get original post in this country?!  [smiley=bigcry.gif] I feel like it's a giant catch-22 of me needing an NIN to get on a bill, but can't get an NIN without post, and can't get a GP without post, and can't get a bank account... you get it.

With all of these examples, the expectation is that what you use will have come to you though the post.

UKVI are experts at spotting forgeries (usually from countries where such activity is rife) but they will be able to spot the difference right away.  Often they will let a print out slide by when they are happy with the rest of the evidence but if you know the requirements going in, the only smart thing to do is suck it up and comply with them.

If you have your US bank and credit card account statements sent to the UK address, that's one way of getting started with physical mail.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »
Also, you definitely do not need a NI number to get your name on a bill and you don't necessarily need mail to get a GP either, if your spouse can vouch for you.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 01:45:50 PM »
Also, you definitely do not need a NI number to get your name on a bill and you don't necessarily need mail to get a GP either, if your spouse can vouch for you.

My GP required a bill to register me, they didn't send off to say I existed for my NHS number until they got the bill.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 01:49:52 PM »

It's annoying, I had to make everything NOT paperless and we could be saving a good chunk of change if it was! 🙄

They do have to be originals and not printed by you for FLR. There is usually a difference in paper quality and whether or not the bills are double sided printed, etc.

My bank statements are half sheets from the bank when I get them sent to me. It's weird.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links