Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 741 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello Everyone!
« on: September 07, 2018, 06:56:51 PM »
I am a British Citizen married to an American citizen (11 years now) we live in South Carolina (since 2008) but are planning to move to the UK. I am so homesick and miss my family so much, after a very traumatic incident last year, battling depression and extreme lonliness, I realized how short life really is and want to be near my family and friends again. I have the full support of my husband who says he feels more at home in England than America now anyway.  He is very close to my family and we have spent many vacations in the UK.
I am trying to find out what the process is for me to get a Visa for my Husband to be a lawful resident. We are a bit of an awkward case as he works in the Middle East on a rotation and we do not know if this will be an issue with UK immigration laws? Anyway I stumbled up on this site whilst researching and decided it looked like a great place to chat and swap stories etc, we are seasoned ex-pats having lived in several countries, but thought the USA would be a good place to live. It is for the most part. I just miss my identical twin terribly and the way of life in England, which is quite different from SC!
cheers
Bonnie :)

• Liked: 216
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 07:42:10 PM »
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! You've definitely stumbled onto the right place to get the answers you are seeking. Make sure you post your immigration/visa questions under that topic. There are plenty of folks around who can give you some solid answers. Hope you'll be on your way to living back in the UK soon!
Living with my love in Cumbria!
-------------------------------------------------
Married: 17 May 2018
Entered UK: 13 October 2018
FLR: 21 June 2021
ILR approval email: 18 March 2024

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 07:01:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 08:07:47 AM »
Welcome!

The U.K. is rather anti-immigration so have tough rules in place to sponsor a spouse.

The most common ways for a returning UKC are:

1.  The UKC is employed in the USA and has earned a minimum of £18,600 in the past 12 months and has a job offer in the U.K. starting within 3 months that pays a minimum of £18,600 per year.

2.  The two of you (either individually or jointly) have cash savings of at least £62,500 that has been held for a minimum of six months.

Unfortunately third party sponsorship is not allowed, nor is the US citizen’s income allowed to count towards the requirement.

Sponsored Links