Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, that's depressing  (Read 683 times)

• Liked: 676
Oh, that's depressing
« on: September 13, 2018, 06:54:54 PM »
I'd applied for a part-time job with a nonprofit some time ago. Today I found in my email spam folder a notice that I was to be at an interview on this past Tuesday afternoon. Bummer.  The message had been sent sometime last Friday evening - just before 8:00pm, I believe. In the message it said to call to confirm I'd be there, or to phone if I could not attend, by "no later than" Monday. I assume they assume I am tied to my email and would have seen the message before Monday. Not out of the question, as so many people seem glued to their cell phones and email goes straight through to them wherever they are. But giving someone one business day's notice to show up for an interview, and then scheduling it without checking to see if the time was ok with the candidate just raises red flags.

Well, obviously, I didn't attend. I sent them back a "Thanks for thinking of me, but I just found your email in my spam filter. Wish I would have known as I'd have loved to have met with you. I assume the position is now filled and hope you found a suitable candidate."

Probably not a good "culture" match there.

Sponsored Links