Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need advice, not shipping much  (Read 1329 times)

• Liked: 14
Need advice, not shipping much
« on: October 08, 2018, 11:44:52 PM »
I'm so happy to finally post this question!  (Just got my visa today!!!)  Heading to the UK from US Nov 1st or 2nd.  I don't have much to send.  Maybe one box of books, some plushies, various small knickknacks.  Oh and a sewing machine. I'm thinking three to four 40lb-size boxes?  (They won't necessarily weigh 40 pounds.)  I'll take any paperwork, photos, and super precious things in my carry-on. 

Should I just use UPS?  Is there a moving service for small shipments that would cost less?

Also, I'm looking at the ToR stuff.  Can anyone outline the basics of how that works? 

Thank you so much!  Really happy about finally being with my husband again, and hopefully this will be my LAST international move!
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

• Liked: 85
Re: Need advice, not shipping much
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 10:14:48 AM »
I'm so happy to finally post this question!  (Just got my visa today!!!)  Heading to the UK from US Nov 1st or 2nd.  I don't have much to send.  Maybe one box of books, some plushies, various small knickknacks.  Oh and a sewing machine. I'm thinking three to four 40lb-size boxes?  (They won't necessarily weigh 40 pounds.)  I'll take any paperwork, photos, and super precious things in my carry-on. 

Should I just use UPS?  Is there a moving service for small shipments that would cost less?

Also, I'm looking at the ToR stuff.  Can anyone outline the basics of how that works? 

Thank you so much!  Really happy about finally being with my husband again, and hopefully this will be my LAST international move!

I had a good experience with SendMyBag. I shipped a ~50 lb box for about $140, and it came within 2 days (NYC to London). It is the cheapest option I know of for shipments like that. There is a bit of paperwork you have to do, but it's worth it to have less expensive shipping. Look at the instructions before packing up your things if you choose to use them.

ToR is easy. Fill out and email the form along with scanned supporting documents (your passport, shipping list, proof of UK residency and proof of foreign residency) and you should be approved pretty quickly. Also, SendMyBag will take your ToR reference number on their paperwork.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-transfer-of-residence-tor-relief-tor01
FLR(M) Timeline:
Application type: Spouse settlement visa extension (super priority)
BRP expiration: Late May 2021
Online application submitted: April 14, 2021
Biometrics appointment: April 25, 2021
Decision made: April 26, 2021 - emailed at 1:40 pm

• Liked: 14
Re: Need advice, not shipping much
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 07:59:42 PM »
I'm looking at the send my bag website... can you send boxes, or is it only for luggage?
Will sell soul for Duke's Mayonnaise.

Sponsored Links