Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa  (Read 2135 times)

• Liked: 29
Spouse visa
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:27:00 PM »
If we plan to use savings to apply for my spouse visa, how long should we plan for my husband to have to be in the UK before the children and I can join? Is there a way around being separated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 387
Re: Spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 10:39:27 PM »
You don't have to be separated at all, and he doesn't even have to move to the UK ahead of you if the savings have already been held for 6 months.

ETA:  As an example,

You've held the minimum amount of savings for 4 months.  He moves to the UK.  You have to wait 2 more months to apply as that will mean the savings have been held for 6 months at the time of application.

You already have held the minimum amount of savings for 6 months.  You can apply, wait for the visa, and then move the family over in one go.

Are the funds from a sale of a property?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:44:16 PM by Aquila »

• Liked: 29
Re: Spouse visa
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 02:06:47 AM »
You don't have to be separated at all, and he doesn't even have to move to the UK ahead of you if the savings have already been held for 6 months.

ETA:  As an example,

You've held the minimum amount of savings for 4 months.  He moves to the UK.  You have to wait 2 more months to apply as that will mean the savings have been held for 6 months at the time of application.

You already have held the minimum amount of savings for 6 months.  You can apply, wait for the visa, and then move the family over in one go.

Are the funds from a sale of a property?

We have the funds in savings...some just from investments and some from sale of a home also. Can you use funds in a 401k as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab