Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Why fly to Paris ?  (Read 1775 times)

• Liked: 3
Why fly to Paris ?
« on: November 06, 2018, 02:14:05 AM »
Just reading a few posts about bringing pets from US to UK via Paris, Is there a particular reason why this route is taken ?
Just curious why not fly directly to UK ?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Why fly to Paris ?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 05:52:58 AM »
Just reading a few posts about bringing pets from US to UK via Paris, Is there a particular reason why this route is taken ?
Just curious why not fly directly to UK ?

If you fly directly into the UK, the animal has to be taken as manifest cargo. If flying into Europe, it can be either taken in the cabin (if small enough) or taken as excess baggage which is far cheaper. There is no actual difference between excess baggage and manifest cargo except the terminology and the price.
But once in Europe, you still have to get the animal to the UK by land and the expenses can add up pretty quickly again at that point, it's also,  obviously, less convenient and likely to be a longer journey for your pet.

• Liked: 20
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »
Just a fun fact and perhaps off topic but....

The UK has no rabies, anywhere on the island! To me that is staggering!

Therefore they are very strict about letting pets in. Be sure to look up all of the required paperwork and steps to take to successfully bring a pet in without quarantine.

Once you’re in, rabies vaccines are not required.

This year when I asked about heart worm testing/treatment, my vet told me they also don’t have heart worm!

I hope they keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »

Therefore they are very strict about letting pets in. Be sure to look up all of the required paperwork and steps to take to successfully bring a pet in without quarantine.

This year when I asked about heart worm testing/treatment, my vet told me they also don’t have heart worm!

I hope they keep up the great work!

Wow! My cat has been exposed to heart worm, I'm grateful they let her in! Maybe they don't have the mosquitos that transmit it here?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 02:11:17 PM »
Wow! My cat has been exposed to heart worm, I'm grateful they let her in! Maybe they don't have the mosquitos that transmit it here?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Aye, that one made me scratch my head because of the method of transmission. But mr vet was very definite about it, and she has been amazing with my two disabled dogs.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »

It depends what area you live for heartworm treatment. Sadly, this is now in Britain and spreading. From what I remember from the dog forums, it was first found in the South West of England
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:44:25 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab