Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Christmas Visit  (Read 1276 times)

• Liked: 48
Christmas Visit
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:24:34 AM »
Hi all

My wife (US Citizen) and I (UK Citizen) are flying back to Denver in a couple of weeks to visit her family before Christmas, odd question maybe but which line do we enter at Immigration? As we are travelling together do we use the US line,Visitors line, or does it have to be separate lines for each of us?

TIA

• Liked: 3595
Re: Christmas Visit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »
You should go through the same line together (you only fill out one customs form per household, so you go through immigration together as a family).

I think most people go through the US line together, but if you're unsure, just ask a member of staff in the immigration hall which line to go through.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »
Every time I travel back home (Florida) with my English husband, we always go through the US line. On the last flight (October this year) we did not have to fill out a form. Seems like they're phasing it out and making everyone go through the machine. This was at Orlando Airport.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
I think most people go through the US line together, but if you're unsure, just ask a member of staff in the immigration hall which line to go through.

We always go through the US line together. The only thing I would advise about asking the staff members is to be prepared for them to have no clue and to totally bullsh*t you. The first time we visited together from the UK we were unsure which line to go through together so asked the staff and they were very unhelpful (the lady that day actually had a massive attitude which is what I remember most, but then maybe that was just me forgetting what Logan airport is like after a year away lol) and they eventually told us we'd have to split up because of our passports. When I got through to the IO, he asked why we had split up because we should be going through together. Since then, we've always gone through US immigration together (even using those passport control machines) and have no had any issues. So, based on my experience, I don't even bother asking staff as it seems they don't really know (it's not just there we've had issues, we had issues at passport control in Ireland as well where they told us "it doesn't matter if you're married, that doesn't count as being family" LOL we've ignored them the last few times and had no issue going through together)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 387
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »
Every time I travel back home (Florida) with my English husband, we always go through the US line. On the last flight (October this year) we did not have to fill out a form. Seems like they're phasing it out and making everyone go through the machine. This was at Orlando Airport.

DH and I recently flew into Orlando and we were directed to go through the US line together.  When we fly into Philadelphia though, they like to put us both in the non-US line.  And at JFK, they seem to put us in whichever line is shorter.

I've given up.  ;)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 08:41:49 PM »
DH and I recently flew into Orlando and we were directed to go through the US line together.  When we fly into Philadelphia though, they like to put us both in the non-US line.  And at JFK, they seem to put us in whichever line is shorter.

I've given up.  ;)
I think I like the shortest line!! Usually the US line is much shorter getting into the US anyway. I don't ask anymore either, I just grab my husband's hand and rush him through

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab