Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: PDF payslip and employer letter question  (Read 387 times)

• Liked: 7
PDF payslip and employer letter question
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:09:40 PM »
Hi All,

We are about to apply for my wife's ILR and I have a quick question about PDF payslips and the employer letter.

Since our last application my employer now sends payslips via email in PDF format with a password protection on them. I can print them out at home - will that be ok? Do they need an employer stamp on them or anything?

I also believe I need my manager to write a letter regarding my employment. Can someone confirm what is required in that letter?

Thanks,

• Liked: 4985
Re: PDF payslip and employer letter question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »
For payslips:

(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name; or
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

For the employment letter:
(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

All the details come from here:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »
My pay in my pay packet fluctuates quite a bit due to a bonus that was paid and also my tax code changing due to paying into a SIPP. Does this matter? I am way above the required amount so I am not worried about that. Just the fact that it fluctuates.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 01:52:57 PM »
No it's fine that it's different, you'll just want your employer to explain your pay structure in the letter (gross salary of £xx/per annum and bonus of £xx/per annum.

Have a look at Appendix 1.7 to see how UKVI will calculate your annual income based on different scenarios.

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 01:01:57 PM »
One more question on this - who should the letter be addressed to?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab