Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa to care for parents resident in uk  (Read 424 times)

• Liked: 0
Visa to care for parents resident in uk
« on: December 14, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
Hi, new to forum and looking for some general help. My friend in the US is looking to move to the UK to care for elderly parents who are resident here. They are U.S. citizens who have had leave to remain for many years now. Is he able to apply for a family visa ? He will need to get a job when he gets here and has some savings to support himself in the short term while he is here. Is there a minimum financial requirement he needs to meet ? There is so much info out there it's a bit confusing so some general information to point us in the right direction would be gratefully received,  thank you

• Liked: 4985
Re: Visa to care for parents resident in uk
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 08:51:55 AM »
I'm afraid there isn't a visa he would qualify for based on this circumstance.

Options are:

1.  A sponsored work visa if he is a skilled worker.  Does his company have offices in the UK that he could transfer to?
2.  A student visa to study at a qualified university for a qualified degree.  This would be VERY expensive and only temporary valid for the length of the course.

The other options are to get his parents set up in a care home in the UK.  Or to relocate them back to the USA where he can be local and involved.

Hugs to him!  It's hard when rules are so stringent.

• Liked: 0
Re: Visa to care for parents resident in uk
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:12:08 AM »
Thank you for your quick response. It's what I thought tbh but wanted to be sure I was interpreting correctly. His current employer doesn't have offices here unfortunately so a transfer isn't possible. It could be that he could look for an employer who does and see if they have openings here. He has over 17yrs experience in web development and IT. Thank you again

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab