Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cat/house sitter recommendations  (Read 1670 times)

• Liked: 239
Cat/house sitter recommendations
« on: January 08, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
I'm wanting to go back and visit my family in the States within the next couple of months and bring the husband with me.

We have our sweet fur baby now so I've been looking into getting someone in the family to come and stay in our house and take care of him but now this doesn't look likely.

Next and only option is either we never leave for a visit ( ::)) or I hire a cat sitter who wouldn't mind staying (so a house/cat sitter combo).

I know most of you are in England but does anyone have a particular site you use to find someone trustworthy? 

I really don't want someone in my house that I don't know. I've been robbed too many times lol. But if it's someone local and they'll love on and take care of our baby, I'll feel better.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 4985
Re: Cat/house sitter recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
Ask your vet!  That’s how I find my girl.   :D

• Liked: 56
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 08:30:21 PM »
We have a usual cat sitter we get through a service here in London, but that isn't going to help you up there.

Several years ago when we first moved here and were stuck with potentially still being on my friends floor for Christmas, I signed up with Trusted Housesitters as a potential in-house catsitter. We ended up sitting a cat in home for a gal who was headed out of town for three weeks - we love cats, we needed a place to stay, she needed someone to take care of her girl. We still talk to her now and then :)

So you could sign up for one of those services online and advertise and see if there is a retired couple or something similar looking to housesit for free in exchange for housing (and who love cats).

• Liked: 958
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
I'd ask your vet, and if there's an active Nextdoor.com group in your area there might be recommendations on there. It's definitely better to have someone visit kitty in your home than put him up in a cattery. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 239
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
I'd ask your vet, and if there's an active Nextdoor.com group in your area there might be recommendations on there. It's definitely better to have someone visit kitty in your home than put him up in a cattery. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll check with our vet. He definitely will not go out of this house. This is his home 😁. If need be, I'll just delay our visit longer until I can make some friends ❤️
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab