Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: So tomorrow we get the keys to our little house  (Read 4015 times)

• Liked: 325
Re: So tomorrow we get the keys to our little house
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 01:14:11 AM »
This is our third week in the house and it's progressing nicely.  The kitchen is done, we had to take out two big cupboards to fit the fridge.  My husband's kids think it looks ridiculous,  I think it just looks normal.  We built a kitchen island and racks with hooks to hang pots and pans and kitchen tools.  Very easy to work in with full sized oven.

Bed and huge wardrobe set up.  We now have a dining table.  No more food balanced on trays on lap.  Today we bought two overstuffed cream coloured leather recliners that feel like you are floating on giant marshmallows.  We replaced the fuddy duddy overhead lampshades with sleek and modern, and added floorlamps.  Fuddy duddy velvet curtains need to be replaced.

The entire house is carpeted even the kitchen and bathroom.  Eventually we will rip all of that out and replace with hardwood floors and rugs and ceramic tiles in the kitchen and bathroom.

It's all coming out lovely and my husband is the best handyman ever.

• Liked: 4987
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
How wonderful!  I’m glad it’s feeling like yours.

Trying not to squirm at the carpet in the kitchen and bath.

• Liked: 770
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 11:49:34 AM »
How wonderful!  I’m glad it’s feeling like yours.

I bought a house in Ohio, early 1920's home, and it had carpet in the bathroom. Why, oh why? It was so horrible!

But the house burnt to the ground before I could do anything about it and I ended up with a brand new construction house. I miss big houses with normal sized kitchen appliances.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 585
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2019, 03:04:20 PM »

Carpet in the kitchen doesn't bother me...i had carpet tiles in the kitchen in a previous house, and it was so nice underfoot and easy to hoover...no mop and bucket! (Im not really prone to spilling stuff, so it was mainly just cleaning up crumbs. )

But I could never have that now... my OH is just like a giant messy child all through the house. It's really ridiculous.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab