Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Naturalized citizen not yet resident passport question  (Read 2296 times)

• Liked: 1
Naturalized citizen not yet resident passport question
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:35:24 PM »
Hello,
We are in North Carolina, set to move to Scotland. I became a citizen in 2014 thru my mom. My husband and son are applying for family visas. I've never been a resident and don't have a UK passport. Would my naturalization document- I only have the one I received from my swearing in ceremony stating I'm a citizen with a number etc- be enough to prove I can sponsor Husband and son? I'm finding the passport process from overseas to be kinda crazy. I've gotten all the way up to the interview process only to discover no interviews can be conducted in the U.S. or Canada. I must got fly to either Jamaica or Mexico City as my closest options. It will be very expensive for us and I'm hoping i don't actually need the passport for their visas. My husband's the one with the job lined up in Scotland and it appears we have all the monetary requirements. So it hinges on this. I'm also curious as to what entering the UK it will be like for us 3 with me having only a U.S. passport, stating I intend to live there and that I'm their sponsor, with only that one naturalization document. I'm a bit nervous I'm missing something that will get their visas denied or strand us at the airport. Thanks in advance for any advice.

• Liked: 674
Re: Naturalized citizen not yet resident passport question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 06:05:33 PM »
Curious to know how this finally turned out for you?

• Liked: 1
Re: Naturalized citizen not yet resident passport question
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 06:07:57 PM »
I'm flying to Mexico City monday. Seems there really is nowhere in US or Canada.

Sponsored Links