Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Run around for Bill pay while visiting/Visa refusal  (Read 2256 times)

• Liked: 8
Run around for Bill pay while visiting/Visa refusal
« on: February 01, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »
Hi everyone!

I'm having a lot of trouble being able to find someone to help.
I arrived on January 8th and arrived with an infection that needed immediate care. So on the 9th, I went to the local walk in centre for treatment (which effectively took about 20 minutes total once I was brought in for the initial triage).

I was given a prescription, but no bill even though i let them know i didn't have national insurance, but i needed treatment and would be happy to pay for whatever as long as i could get treated.

I've been passed along to about 8 different people at various departments/call centers etc

I was told that this visit would be free based on the  following excerpt from the gov.uk website

Exempt services
The following services are free at the point of use for all patients. A charge cannot be
made or recovered from any overseas visitor for:
• accident and emergency (A&E) services, this includes all A&E services
provided at an NHS hospital, e.g. those provided at an accident & emergency
department, walk-in centre, minor injuries unit or urgent care centre2. This does
not include those emergency services provided after the overseas visitor has
been accepted as an inpatient, or at a follow-up outpatient appointment, for
which charges must be levied unless the overseas visitor is exempt from
charge in their own right;

Does this mean I am ok to apply for my Visa without getting rejected as it was an urgent care/minor injury dealt with at the walk in centre?
Married April 3, 2019 (Gibraltar)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Run around for Bill pay while visiting/Visa refusal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 03:24:39 PM »
As treatment was likely under £500, your visa won't be refused.  But processing may take much longer while they wait for your records to see what treatment you received and what the cost would be to ensure it's under £500.

Where were you treated?  Maybe we can help you get a hold of the proper trust to get the paperwork to help things along.

When I first moved here I didn't realise I could use the NHS under my Tier 2 visa and an urgent care centre had no problem charging me and this was in 2010.   ;D

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 04:54:10 PM »
As treatment was likely under £500, your visa won't be refused.  But processing may take much longer while they wait for your records to see what treatment you received and what the cost would be to ensure it's under £500.

Where were you treated?  Maybe we can help you get a hold of the proper trust to get the paperwork to help things along.

When I first moved here I didn't realise I could use the NHS under my Tier 2 visa and an urgent care centre had no problem charging me and this was in 2010.   ;D

You are my absolute champion and I am your biggest fan.
So I was treated at Finchley's Walk In Centre

I will retrace my steps since then so you don't do the same thing I did:

-I physically returned and spoke to the desk where I was initially processed and they referred me to the following number:
Information Governance 0208 102 5005

-They referred me to their email CLCHIG@nhs.net

-They responded having me contact the NHS Business Service Authority (their website was useless, so I called them)  0191 232 5371

-They Referred me to the Overseas Health Department   0191 218 1999 (who said they only dealt with UK citizens in other parts of Europe needing help)

-They sent me over to some Financial department which sent me to NHS England at 0300 311 2233

-They sent me to another Overseas department which I didn't write down their exact name, but they are different at 020 7210 4850
This gentleman (named Ian, I believe) referred me to the government website where I quoted from previously. He said that if I get denied, refer them to that part of the document (It's page 12 or 13, and I can link to it if necessary)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 05:01:25 PM »
Can you ask the guy to write you a letter stating that you were not charged per the guidance?  If so, that'll save you a lot of processing time, as they'll know you asked for a bill and the cost was waived.

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 01:48:08 PM »
Can you ask the guy to write you a letter stating that you were not charged per the guidance?  If so, that'll save you a lot of processing time, as they'll know you asked for a bill and the cost was waived.

I wonder if I could just disclose everything including dates and times and phone calls and also provide that portion of the document I was sent

Sponsored Links