Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Feeling stir crazy  (Read 7184 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Feeling stir crazy
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 06:45:19 PM »
Maybe now would be a good time to really give some serious thought as to whether the UK is where you want to settle, as the process coming here is going to be a big (and very expensive) part of your life for the next 5 years. 
You will have 3 visa applications (the initial spouse visa, FLR(M) and SET(M)) and will be spending the best part of £10,000 just on fees over that time.

Here are the financial requirements in detail.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf [nofollow]
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence [nofollow]

I just read through the whole thing and parts of it worry me, but it seems like their is a part I hadn’t seen before about third party sponsorship. I did think they had done away with that in 2012 but it looks feasible.

“21A(1). Where paragraph GEN.3.1.(1) of Appendix FM applies, the decision-maker is required to take into account the sources of income, financial support or funds specified in sub-paragraph (2).

(2) Subject to sub-paragraphs (3) to (8), the following sources of income, financial support or funds will be taken into account (in addition to those set out in, as appropriate, paragraph E-ECP.3.2., E-LTRP. 3.2., E-ECC.2.2. or E-LTRC.2.2. of Appendix FM):”

And then under 21A(5) it lists all the evidence needed to use financial support from a third party.

Does this sound like sponsorship from his parents is feasible as long as we can provide all the evidence listed?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 06:54:35 PM »

I just read through the whole thing and parts of it worry me, but it seems like their is a part I hadn’t seen before about third party sponsorship. I did think they had done away with that in 2012 but it looks feasible.

“21A(1). Where paragraph GEN.3.1.(1) of Appendix FM applies, the decision-maker is required to take into account the sources of income, financial support or funds specified in sub-paragraph (2).

(2) Subject to sub-paragraphs (3) to (8), the following sources of income, financial support or funds will be taken into account (in addition to those set out in, as appropriate, paragraph E-ECP.3.2., E-LTRP. 3.2., E-ECC.2.2. or E-LTRC.2.2. of Appendix FM):”

And then under 21A(5) it lists all the evidence needed to use financial support from a third party.

Does this sound like sponsorship from his parents is feasible as long as we can provide all the evidence listed?

That is only applicable in Article 8, human rights cases. You are safe in the US and your husband could join you there so third party support is not going to be accepted.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 07:19:42 PM »
Oh I see

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 09:19:23 PM »

He worked at Marriot from December ‘17 to October ‘18 and should’ve made the £18.6k in the last year to cover, but every month we go on without having a full time job is another month that the average gets lower. This is all very daunting.

Is there a particular reason you want access to those payslips? Asking in case I’ve missed some details somewhere but, unfortunately, they wouldn’t really be relevant for this new application as it’s been almost 5 months now since he’s worked there. The payslips/financial requirement needs to show 6 months of the job he’s currently working if he’s been there for over a year or more payslips (12 I believe) are required to show continuous work (on my mobile so hard to get on website to post links but I’m sure somebody will come alone and explain better than I ever could lol). As he won’t be earning the requirement presently, I’m not sure those old payslips will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 09:51:34 PM »
Is there a particular reason you want access to those payslips? Asking in case I’ve missed some details somewhere but, unfortunately, they wouldn’t really be relevant for this new application as it’s been almost 5 months now since he’s worked there. The payslips/financial requirement needs to show 6 months of the job he’s currently working if he’s been there for over a year or more payslips (12 I believe) are required to show continuous work (on my mobile so hard to get on website to post links but I’m sure somebody will come alone and explain better than I ever could lol). As he won’t be earning the requirement presently, I’m not sure those old payslips will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I know what you mean. Since he’s not earning enough now, his average yearly income based off of the last 6 months wouldn’t satisfy the requirements. Bleggghhhh. Ok now I just need to start wrapping my head around 6 more months long distance. :’(

• Liked: 957
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 11:30:54 PM »
I think I know what you mean. Since he’s not earning enough now, his average yearly income based off of the last 6 months wouldn’t satisfy the requirements. Bleggghhhh. Ok now I just need to start wrapping my head around 6 more months long distance. :’(
Unfortunately that's the minimum, even with priority it will be about 30 working days after you apply as well to get the visa. I would brace yourself for a bit longer. Transatlantic relationships are hard and take a lot of trust & patience.

If the sum over the past 12 months + current income meets the requirements he can apply category B. He really needs to work harder at finding a job that meets the requirements if he can.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 250
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 11:50:40 PM »
Hello there,

I did long distance with my now husband for 3 years due to circumstances like this. Different, but similar. At first, we were a new couple and decided to try it but it got serious and I worked 3 jobs to save money for the visa as well as visits to him/he worked full time and overtime for the same reasons.

Things kept getting in the way. I couldn't move because I was in grad school. Then I graduated. Then I couldn't move because he didn't make enough money even though I did. Then he got a raise and met the threshold. But then we couldn't apply because he had to provide 6 months of payslips proving his income. Then this. Then that.  3 years!!

I don't have much advice as the others. But if you ever need to talk about the struggles of long distance, shoot me a message. I've been there and sometimes it sucks and it feels like you'll never be together. I'm happy to talk if you need x

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
Married: 14 June 2018
FLR #1: 9 August 2018 (Approved!)
FLR #2: 13 July 2021 (Approved!)

Sponsored Links