Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Getting insured in usa with uk driving license  (Read 586 times)

• Liked: 0
Getting insured in usa with uk driving license
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
Hello,

After 9 years in the UK I am getting ready to head back to the State permanently. I have heard of expats from the Uk having difficulty getting car insurance if they have a uk driving license? I thought I heard it was easier if you had something called an international driving permit? People I know had the funds to buy a car at say a dealer, but they couldn't get the insurance so the dealer couldn't legally sell them the car? Anybody who has any knowledge or experience with this your input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

• Liked: 537
Re: Getting insured in usa with uk driving license
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 03:02:17 PM »
Hello,

After 9 years in the UK I am getting ready to head back to the State permanently. I have heard of expats from the Uk having difficulty getting car insurance if they have a uk driving license? I thought I heard it was easier if you had something called an international driving permit? People I know had the funds to buy a car at say a dealer, but they couldn't get the insurance so the dealer couldn't legally sell them the car? Anybody who has any knowledge or experience with this your input would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
You may want to look into what's required in the long term. You'll have to get a US driving license at some point and that probably varies by state.

Did your US license lapse?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab