Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Send My Bag Vs. My Baggage (Uni Baggage)  (Read 9566 times)

• Liked: 26
Send My Bag Vs. My Baggage (Uni Baggage)
« on: March 17, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »
Hi all! Wondering if anyone has had experience with Send My Bag or My Baggage (formerly Uni Baggage)? I only need to ship about 3 suitcases beyond my 2 that I’ll bring on the plane. It looks like these two are pretty quick and relatively inexpensive. I’ve been struggling to find accurate reviews though, since often people only write about their worst experiences and not their best!

Has anyone used either company? Or any other easy Baggage shipping services?

Thanks!
Applied from: Florida, US
Priority: Yes
Online application submitted: Jan 25 2019
Biometrics & docs mailed: Jan 29 2019
Documents received in NY: Jan 30, 2019
Documents received by Sheffield on: Mar 4, 2019
Case Escalated: Mar 20, 2019
Case Escalated again: Mar 27, 2019
Decision Made Email: Apr 3, 2019
Received Passport: Apr 4, 2019
YES!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Send My Bag Vs. My Baggage (Uni Baggage)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 05:37:47 PM »
I’m attempting Send My Bag for the second time.

Short story, we accidentally got to the airport one suitcase short 18 months ago.   ::)

Booked Send My Bag.  AFTER paying, it was revealed that they wouldn’t send liquids, food, etc.  Which is what most of my bag was!  So I cancelled it and my parents brought it over 6 months later.

I’ve had this credit with them, so we purposefully left our bag of “used” clothes behind to be sent home.  It’s being collected tomorrow.

There’s a LOT of paperwork.  You have to list every item in the bag.  I’ll let you know when the bag arrives.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 05:41:48 PM »
Oh my! Every item? That could take forever! I’ll look forward to hearing your experience once it arrives. It’s supposed to be just a few days of shipping time right?
YES!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »
I only need to ship about 3 suitcases beyond my 2 that I’ll bring on the plane.

I know some people just pay extra and take all their cases with them on the plane.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 06:56:32 PM »
I know some people just pay extra and take all their cases with them on the plane.
A lot of airlines restrict you to the number of bags.  When I moved here, I flew United. I had 1 free bag. Paid $100 for my 2nd bag and a 3rd bag would have been $200. The limit was 3 bags, 50lbs each.

I just moved stuff over during each trip and gave my kids the rest of my stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 01:30:02 PM »

It doesn't look like I can do that because of the regional flight I'll have to take from London to Belfast. They limit to only 1 hold bag and 1 carry-on. Unless I go with the MUCH more expensive airline, but then the cost difference doesn't make sense. I wonder if I could take all bags with me to London and then ship from London to Belfast for cheaper? So many things to consider!
YES!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 08:43:24 PM »
When we flew from the USA to the UK in 2017 we used Iceland Air, and we each had two suitcases and a carry-on, and there were no extra charges. I don't know if they still do that, but you might check. It'd fly you into Glasgow, and then you could take a train/bus/ferry to Belfast. (You'll never get on one of the regional hoppers with five suitcases.)

The Daughter flew from Glasgow to the USA on West Jet with five, count 'em five, bags in 2015. There were extra fees, but they were not at all bad. Of course, she had what was basically a bouncing flight - Glasgow to Halifax, change planes. To Toronto, change planes. To Calgary, change planes. To SeaTac, change planes. Then on home. (Hey, student, limited budget, cheap flight!) Not fun, but the she and the bags all arrived at the same time.

You know, that might be an option for you - shipping from London to Belfast. Probably cheaper than extra bags on a plane. There appear to be several services.

No chance you would be driving London to Belfast?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:25:24 AM by Nan D. »

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »
My bag was collected on schedule today and is supposed to arrive on Thursday.  :)

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »
When we flew from the USA to the UK in 2017 we used Iceland Air, and we each had two suitcases and a carry-on, and there was no extra charges. I don't know if they still do that, but you might check. It'd fly you into Glasgow, and then you could take a train/bus/ferry to Belfast. (You'll never get on one of the regional hoppers with five suitcases.)

The Daughter flew from Glasgow to the USA on West Jet with five, count 'em five, bags in 2015. There were extra fees, but they were not at all bad. Of course, she had what was basically a bouncing flight - Glasgow to Halifax, change planes. To Toronto, change planes. To Calgary, change planes. To SeaTac, change planes. Then on home. (Hey, student, limited budget, cheap flight!) Not fun, but the she and the bags all arrived at the same time.

You know, that might be an option for you - shipping from London to Belfast. Probably cheaper than extra bags on a plane. There appear to be several services.

No chance you would be driving London to Belfast?

Hmm.. I hadn't ever considered driving... but after you posted this, I did look into flying into Manchester (nonstop from my local airport), and then getting to Liverpool to take a ferry to Belfast. Probably quite a bit more hassle but could be an interesting experience  :) Thanks for the new ideas!
YES!

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 01:28:48 PM »
So far, I'm rather "meh" about Send My Bag.  I've already explained the detailed packing list.

Bag was supposed to arrive today but was just sent a message saying it won't be delivered today.  It's in the UK and has cleared customs according to the tracking.  No idea when it'll be arriving now!  Boo.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 01:34:15 PM »
So far, I'm rather "meh" about Send My Bag.  I've already explained the detailed packing list.

Bag was supposed to arrive today but was just sent a message saying it won't be delivered today.  It's in the UK and has cleared customs according to the tracking.  No idea when it'll be arriving now!  Boo.

Ugh! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with a less than ideal situation. Hopefully they get it to you tomorrow instead. Thanks for sharing that! I likely will not use them and will go with another option now.
YES!

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 01:37:47 PM »
It's not a big deal, luckily, as it's literally just our "dirty clothes".  But still annoying when unrealistic expectations are set. 

The packing list is likely going to be required with anyone, and as I knew that this time around, I was much savvier in what was packed in the case.

But I was looking forward to getting my bag today.  Boo.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 01:45:17 PM »
It's not a big deal, luckily, as it's literally just our "dirty clothes".  But still annoying when unrealistic expectations are set. 

The packing list is likely going to be required with anyone, and as I knew that this time around, I was much savvier in what was packed in the case.

But did you really want to do laundry today?

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 02:05:25 PM »
But did you really want to do laundry today?

Technically everything in the bag is clean, but I don't like the smell of my parents laundry detergent.  ;D  So I will wash the clothes again.

But yeah, we stupidly have all of our swimsuits in the bag.  As well as pajamas.  My daughter is wearing a much-to-small swimsuit to swimming and my husband and son are wearing much-too-big swimsuits to swimming with safety pins.  It would be good to have the swimsuits before Saturday's swimming lessons!

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2019, 07:09:05 PM »

Did you ever end up getting your bag?? I hope it wasn't too delayed!
YES!

Sponsored Links