Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone flown with Scandinavian Airlines?  (Read 684 times)

• Liked: 11
Anyone flown with Scandinavian Airlines?
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »
I usually fly with BA but of course the tickets are way too expensive right now  :( It looks like my best option is flying with Scandinavian Airlines with a 4 hour layover in Copenhagen. I've never flown with SAS or had a layover in Copenhagen before so I was just wondering if any of you have and what your experience was like?
Married: October 21st 2018
Spouse Visa: Priority
Online application submitted: Feb 12th 2019
Biometrics appointment: Feb 20th 2019
Documents sent to NY: Feb 21st 2019
Documents received in NY: Feb 25th 2019
Documents received email from Sheffield: Feb 27th 2019
Decision made email received: Mar 18th 2019
Visa received: Mar 20th 2019

• Liked: 957
Re: Anyone flown with Scandinavian Airlines?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:39:45 PM »
I've only heard good things about them but haven't flown with them yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 56
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 08:26:37 PM »
Yes, yes yes yes and YES

We take SAS frequently both east and west from Stockholm (we usually stop over too to see family as Other Half is a Swede) and just LOVE their premium economy. If you are flying economy then ask at check in the cost of an upgrade, or put in a bid - you may be pleasantly surprised at how cheap it is. You get lounge access, fast track, some really nice food, a great seat and a huge/crisp tv that puts BA to shame. Even down the back in economy it isn't bad - I think they still pass the hot rolls by the basket there too. I don't know, once we took PE we were sold on it and havent sat in economy on SAS since maybe 2009.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a gin and tonic as they serve a fantastic small batch Norwegian gin with proper fever tree tonic. BA is serving Gordon's swill with some Schweppes.  :-X

I have transited Copenhagen, but that was many years ago back when I was dating a Dane. Its a super easy airport, extremely clean, and smells like blond wood. Bring cash - its pricey to buy anything, but not nearly as expensive as Oslo. They aren't on the Euro so you will end up with coins in your pocket with holes in them.

Just to note - sometimes people can find Scandis to be too brusque, but if you are from the midwest they are kinda like Minnesotans.

• Liked: 11
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 06:05:29 AM »
I've only heard good things about them but haven't flown with them yet.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that.

Yes, yes yes yes and YES

We take SAS frequently both east and west from Stockholm (we usually stop over too to see family as Other Half is a Swede) and just LOVE their premium economy. If you are flying economy then ask at check in the cost of an upgrade, or put in a bid - you may be pleasantly surprised at how cheap it is. You get lounge access, fast track, some really nice food, a great seat and a huge/crisp tv that puts BA to shame. Even down the back in economy it isn't bad - I think they still pass the hot rolls by the basket there too. I don't know, once we took PE we were sold on it and havent sat in economy on SAS since maybe 2009.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a gin and tonic as they serve a fantastic small batch Norwegian gin with proper fever tree tonic. BA is serving Gordon's swill with some Schweppes.  :-X

I have transited Copenhagen, but that was many years ago back when I was dating a Dane. Its a super easy airport, extremely clean, and smells like blond wood. Bring cash - its pricey to buy anything, but not nearly as expensive as Oslo. They aren't on the Euro so you will end up with coins in your pocket with holes in them.

Just to note - sometimes people can find Scandis to be too brusque, but if you are from the midwest they are kinda like Minnesotans.

Awesome! Thanks so much. I don't think I've ever heard anything about them before so I was a little hesitant. I booked my flights with them today :)
Married: October 21st 2018
Spouse Visa: Priority
Online application submitted: Feb 12th 2019
Biometrics appointment: Feb 20th 2019
Documents sent to NY: Feb 21st 2019
Documents received in NY: Feb 25th 2019
Documents received email from Sheffield: Feb 27th 2019
Decision made email received: Mar 18th 2019
Visa received: Mar 20th 2019

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 08:13:00 AM »
That's my experience as well, SAS wss great and the airport was fine.  We found a quiet corner and slept for a few hours.

Certainly better than BA, which seems to be tasked with establishing the start of the hostile environment by aggressively treating it's customers as poorly as possible.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 08:19:15 AM »
That's my experience as well, SAS wss great and the airport was fine.  We found a quiet corner and slept for a few hours.

Certainly better than BA, which seems to be tasked with establishing the start of the hostile environment by aggressively treating it's customers as poorly as possible.

BA, also not guaranteed to get you to the correct destination!  ;D

https://news.sky.com/story/british-airways-flight-to-dusseldorf-lands-in-edinburgh-by-mistake-11674916

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 09:26:36 AM »

Had Bombay with Fever Tree earlier this month on BA.  :D

• Liked: 56
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 04:58:28 PM »
Maybe it was just CityFlyer up to Edinburgh that puts out the Gordon's. Man was that grim, and I had a litre of good Edinburgh Gin in the overhead I couldn't crack open.

Back on BA on 10 April - in First (ohherrr! yeah don't get too excited, we redeemed a ton of points). Will try and save space for a G n T :D

Sponsored Links