Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Being denied National Insurance Number. Please advise.  (Read 7856 times)

• Liked: 342
Re: Being denied National Insurance Number. Please advise.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 08:51:52 AM »
*deep breath*
As a citizen of this country am I not entitled to one?
Apparently not. Apparently only natural born citizens are.
I need my drivers license. To easily apply online for one, you have to have a NINO.
Due to the fact that I am a 'mere' homemaker and not on benefits, I have been refused.
So, to apply for a license I've got to get to the post office and spend more money to send sensitive documents via post.
If anyone knows of any LEGAL recourse in this matter, please advise.
As far as I am concerned this is blatant discrimination bordering on harassment.

Born British citizens do not get a NINo.
A child will get a NINo given at age 16 if a parent is claiming Child Benefit, but that child does have to be born a British citizen or even have to be a British citizen.
it will ensure your child is registered to get a National Insurance number when they’re 16 years old
https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit

Some born British citizens have to appy for a NINo, just as anybody else has to. A NINo is about circumstances and not what citizenship you hold or how you got that citizenship.
Jobcentre Plus may write to you and ask you to come to an interview where you’ll be asked about your circumstances and why you need a National Insurance number
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

You do have discrimination as a naturalised citizen, but not for a NINo. On the other hand you can gain as a naturalised British citizen; your children born abroad will be born British. That all comes down to the nationality laws.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:01:35 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2019, 09:06:09 AM »
Due to the fact that I am a 'mere' homemaker and not on benefits, I have been refused.

Do you have children? If you do, THIS is the reason why you should apply for a NINo, to claim Child Benefit in your name, even if your husband earns too much to receive any Child Benefit money. You claiming Child benefit in your name (as you can do now you have settlement) would give you a Credit towards a UK state pension. You not working and paying NICs means you are losing out on your years needed for a  UK state pension and is why you should claim Child benefit in your name. A state pension is only paid based on our own contributions.

Only one person can get Child Benefit for a child.

You must report any change of circumstances to the Child Benefit Office.

You may have to pay a tax charge if your (or your partner’s) individual income is over £50,000.

You can choose not to get Child Benefit payments, but you should still fill in the claim form because:

it will help you get National Insurance credits which count towards your State Pension
    it will ensure your child is registered to get a National Insurance number when they’re 16 years old

https://www.gov.uk/child-benefit

Our own unique NINo records all our state pension Credits or NIC payments for a state pension; which is why people shouid check online that these are being allocated correclty as a digit out can mean somebody else is getting that years state pension allocation.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 09:29:03 AM by Sirius »

• Liked: 2
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2019, 10:48:35 AM »
Sorry, but I don't understand this as I had no trouble at all getting my NIN card decades ago. But things have changed, I guess. They want to make it impossible for any foreigner to survive here. Brexit. Heard of it? The shameful, official vote that says we are not wanted. The vote to boot us all out, if they can anyway. I mean, the anti foreigner sentiment was always there, always has been, but the british public made it official two years ago, bless them. This can be a very racist country. Saying that, it's not the UK who have built that monstrosity of a wall, is it. As a California, I am deeply ashamed and embarrassed by it. But we are off topic.

If I were you, I'd kick up a huge fuss and don't let up  until you get what you are entitled to, if you are entitled to it of course. but  no, you will not be able to work without a national insurance number. nobody will hire you. But I have found here that if you keep on things, and people, eventually you get what you want. Not always, though. HMRC and DWP and other government bodies can be the most stubborn trolls you've ever come across and they may not back down. But it just seems to me that if you are naturalised, then you should get a NIN. Find a way. Find a way to meet the criteria they impose.

I honestly dont' know why anyone would want to come here now. Honestly. The people voted against having anyone foreign living here. So for anyone who hasn't yet moved here, seriously think about that. It is not easy to live somewhere you know you aren't wanted. You never, ever, feel fully accepted here. Ever. Remember that before you come. x

• Liked: 537
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2019, 11:25:41 AM »
Sorry, but I don't understand this as I had no trouble at all getting my NIN card decades ago. But things have changed, I guess. They want to make it impossible for any foreigner to survive here. Brexit. Heard of it? The shameful, official vote that says we are not wanted. The vote to boot us all out, if they can anyway. I mean, the anti foreigner sentiment was always there, always has been, but the british public made it official two years ago, bless them. This can be a very racist country. Saying that, it's not the UK who have built that monstrosity of a wall, is it. As a California, I am deeply ashamed and embarrassed by it. But we are off topic.

If I were you, I'd kick up a huge fuss and don't let up  until you get what you are entitled to, if you are entitled to it of course. but  no, you will not be able to work without a national insurance number. nobody will hire you. But I have found here that if you keep on things, and people, eventually you get what you want. Not always, though. HMRC and DWP and other government bodies can be the most stubborn trolls you've ever come across and they may not back down. But it just seems to me that if you are naturalised, then you should get a NIN. Find a way. Find a way to meet the criteria they impose.

I honestly dont' know why anyone would want to come here now. Honestly. The people voted against having anyone foreign living here. So for anyone who hasn't yet moved here, seriously think about that. It is not easy to live somewhere you know you aren't wanted. You never, ever, feel fully accepted here. Ever. Remember that before you come. x
We've told this OP how to meet the criteria, she doesn't want advice on how to get around what they're saying. She wants to know how to get it by doing exactly what she is doing, which isn't working...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab