Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Travel  (Read 649 times)

• Liked: 39
Travel
« on: June 06, 2019, 09:50:43 PM »
Hi all.. I would normally read the forum to see if it's been asked... but we have found yourself in an emergency situation .. my husband (US citizen) has had a call from his family to tell him his brother has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer ... he doesn't want to go back and face it and i think he needs too while he can .. but that's a whole nother issue ...

Currently his BRP is with the DVLA and may take upto 3 weeks to come back .. if we need to make a dash back to the US will it be an issue for him to get back into the UK on our return?

Does anyone have any experience? 
UK born and bred, Bringing my partner here from US
Online Fiancé application: 05/04/17
Biometrics appointment: 12/04/17
Package sent to Sheffield: 12/04/17
Acknowledgement Email: 21/4/17
Decision E-mail: 12/06/17
Visa received: 14/06/17
Married: 11/08/17
FLR(M) granted: 11/1/2018
FLR(M) granted: 05/08/2020

• Liked: 4985
Re: Travel
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:01:23 AM »
He needs the BRP to return to the UK (and likely to even board the flight).  What you could do is FedEx it to him in the USA after it arrives.

I'm sorry about all of this!  Big hugs!

• Liked: 957
Re: Travel
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 02:04:04 PM »
Hi all.. I would normally read the forum to see if it's been asked... but we have found yourself in an emergency situation .. my husband (US citizen) has had a call from his family to tell him his brother has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer ... he doesn't want to go back and face it and i think he needs too while he can .. but that's a whole nother issue ...

Currently his BRP is with the DVLA and may take upto 3 weeks to come back .. if we need to make a dash back to the US will it be an issue for him to get back into the UK on our return?

Does anyone have any experience?
Did you send a special delivery envelope with it? You could call them to see if they can expedite returning it.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links